Washer/Dryer Notifications?

For you guys using CoRe and power monitoring.
I’m trying to do the same for my bread maker but it’s tricky, I’m using a simple piston
If energy goes above 20W for 1 minute
And
Energy goes below 2 W for 30 minutes
And
Energy goes above 20W for 1 minute
And
Energy goes below 1W for one minute
Then
Send push notification.

And I using the right piston? Does it check my parameters chronologically?

I knew I was missing something, thanks again!

1 Like

I’ve got the Samsung Smart Washer, in fact in the UK most of the Samsung washers on sale now have WiFi and can be integrated with ST. You just can’t do much with it yet on ST the Smart Home works perfectly in the UK… I find IFTTT works better as the middle man. I’ve got my hues flashing and TTS via virtual switches.

1 Like

I installed an Iris outlet today for my washer, inspired by this thread. Below is the Recently section from the app, where my outlet turned itself into an Amazon Echo. I don’t have an Echo.

That’s just too much :slight_smile:

Ummm… that would occur if you are sending it commands via an Echo which you have set to respond to ‘echo’ rather than ‘alexa’. I have a list like that, though not spaced exactly an hour apart…

I am curious as to what is causing the issue. It was installed at 11:20, as a Thing. I changed it in the IDE to the SmartPower Outlet, and renamed it to Washer Outlet. It is not set to send/receive any commands yet, and has no smartapps. The only Alexa device I have is a Tap in the garage.

I believe if you have Alexa set to discover all devices by default then any new device you add will do that

My Christmas tree is plugged into a similar device, but it does not refer to anything Amazon Echo.

Edit: I checked my Alexa app on my phone, and indeed it is set up to discover all my ST devices. The Washer Outlet was listed as “disabled”, but after removing it and doing another discovery/search it found it again as a normal device. I suspect that at 9:04 (when it does its hourly thing), it will revert back to its normal listing.

@ogiewon Can you share the changes that you made to the Device Handler from @Mike Maxwell. Thanks so far it been the best at reading the dryer and washer state.

I posted my version here…