Wall Switch Icon

Used the Christmas tree one and it was great to show off to people. So thanks! :smile:

Couple requests:

• Would love to have more options for chandelier lighting icons.
  • Some icon for Kitchen cabinet puck lighting. I use the one that looks like a pot light right now, but some cabinetry with beams of light coming down would be perfect.
  • In general would love to see more lighting icons. More lamp shapes, hanging lights, lamps on things like tables, side tables, round bar-tops, etc. I donā€™t mind so much not having the name on icons as long as I can find something that closely resembles the actual light.

And a bug report:

• Have had a lot of inconsistencies with changing icons and them not updating all the time and/or reverting back to previous ones. Based on this it must be some kind of caching issue I would guess - clicking ā€˜refreshā€™ should be a refresh cache call 100%. (That my best non-coder guess). :smile:

Thanks,
John

Seems like this icon is no longer available in Android version 2.1.5.

Itā€™s there. Iā€™m currently using it for a couple of my own DHā€™s:

ā€œst.Home.home30ā€

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/krlaframboise/Resources/blob/master/SmartThings-Icons.html

Yes, Iā€™m also using it but canā€™t add it to new devices. And if I go to change an existing device with it, it shows the fireplace icon.

I thought there was a way through the IDE but canā€™t find it.

Got it, but no idea why youā€™re experiencing that behavior. Not of any way via the IDE without using a custom DH.

Are you using Android or IOS?

Android. I updated my DH and added ā€œcanChangeIcon: trueā€ to see if I can replicate your experience, but I seem to be OK, or Iā€™m not truly understanding your issue (which is very possible!)

Must just be me. Iā€™ve contacted support:

The Amazon icon shows it in a neutral position, but the icon in-app shows it in a down position. It would be nice if there were an option for switch-on and switch-off. Iā€™d like to see the reverse in a .on and .off configuration for my code.

I too am using an androind device and am unable to find the wall switch outlet.
Help! Help!.

It is a bug I reported long ago and still isnā€™t fixed.

Choose the Icon fourth down and three to the right in the Home category. It is the switch Icon but has a fireplace and couch overlaid over it.

3 Likes

Thank u so much.

just wanted to say thanks from JAN2019, was able to find the switch icon thanks to your post!

Thank you, @beckwith. Sadly, this STILL hasnā€™t been fixed.