I was excited to see that Wake-on-LAN was supported by SmartThings a while ago, so I went ahead and created a smart app to attempt to wake my computer at home, but it didn’t seem to work. I then installed CoRE and tried creating a piston to do it, but that didn’t work either. Here are the facts:
- I’ve enabled WoL on the computer in the OS and BIOS
- CoRE piston was firing, and my smart app was logging
- WoL works when triggered from my router
- WoL works when triggered from my other computer
- Computer 1 (WoL target), Computer 2, and ST hub are all wired directly into the router
Has anyone else experienced problems using WoL with ST? I’m not sure what else to troubleshoot.