Voice announcer project, ideas needed

I am wanting to build a perimeter warning system. I have everything laid out but want to use some sort of voice announcement system instead of a siren. You know something when tripped that will play a pre-recorded message over a speaker. Haven’t been able to locate a device except in Europe. Was hoping to source from USA. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #2

You can use a Sonos and this app [RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Support for Lights and Taking Pictures with a Camera to announce/speak the custom message in addition to the siren/other actions.

Or you can use a Sonos and build some custom rules using CoRE/WebCoRE

(Ron Talley) #3

Alexa can now be invoked with Triggers.

I have setup all kinds of cool things for Alexa to say based on Contact Sensor, Motion Sensor and Switches. Way cheaper than a Sonos and more reliable than using Lannoucer on a tablet.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #4

Are you looking for something inside or outside?

Outside, you could have a speaker connected to an Alexa device via BT. Set up the rules there to play when tripped.

Inside, you could use WebCore to create a complex rule for you that will play what you want. I have mine so that when the system is armed, it detects the room and plays a warning to the intruder in that room. It then sends a different message to me via Alexa and sms.

You can use Lannouncer along with webcore to do this on a compatible speaker