Visonic Door/Window Sensors $10

Use the SmartSense Open/Closed Sensor DTH

1 Like

Iā€™ve paired all 10 of mine and they all showed up as the Visonic sensor right off the bat. They show up as ā€œSmartSense Open/Closed Sensorā€ in the IDE and are accurately reporting battery and temp. After successfully pairing them all, I took them apart and painted them black to blend in with the dark trim and doors in my house. Now I just need to tie the temperatures of some of them to Nest.

I keep missing the $10 prices. Iā€™d love to pick up a bunch to compete with my Xiaomi ones. Has anyone seen anything less than $15 on mydigitaldiscount.com? If so, please share! :slight_smile:

I bought six of these earlier this year and for the most part they work well, especially at $10 a piece.
All six are deployed in my setup and I have found as long as the temperature swings arenā€™t too extreme the battery life is good. I have one sensor in a mailbox that chews through a battery in seven day when subjected to high or low temperatures. I suspect the reason for poor battery life is due to the frequency of reporting temperatures. The sensors that I have indoors are all on the original battery they came with. As a test I swapped a sensor from indoors to the mailbox and the battery was dead in just a few days. Other than that their great.

These are back down to $10 right now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Must put a sensor on every door! lol

1 Like

I bought so many extras at $10, thatā€™s exactly what I did!

This round is going to go on closets. Open the closet, light comes. Iā€™ll
probably freak out the kids after I install them.

Yeah, Iā€™ve already done that with a linen closet and pantry that donā€™t have their own lights. They do have smart bulbs right next to them though. How convenient!

Thatā€™s what I did with my last bunch. Basement and two closets with Cree smartbulbs.

Have one of these in my mailbox and temp got down to 10 degrees, still going strong with no issues. Best contact sensor!

1 Like

I see lotsa folks doing this. I can imagine a couple reasons to do it, but have not yetā€¦ Iā€™m curious about the reasons others are doing so.

Uhhhhhā€¦so you know when your mail arrives lol.

1 Like

I have mine setup in the mailbox as our mail truck almost never comes around the same time. However its not setup it alert us of mail arrival I personally use ours to log when the box opens and closes in case I need to review camera footage. In neighborhoods not too far from ours weā€™re hearing of scuds going down the road after the mail truck grabbing mail.

Uhhhā€¦ do you rush home from work to get the mail when your system tells you it has arrived?

Why would I do that when the wife is at home and in the house with the kids?

I hear yaā€¦ i was looking for the stuff beyond the obvious, like Mobile posted prior to your reply. In his case, I can see where there might be a need to know when the box was opened.

I know you are not going to believe this when I say it butā€¦I would like to know when the mail is delivered.

Some people just miss the old ā€œYouā€™ve got mail!ā€ from AOL

In all seriousness, my camera can see the mailbox, but canā€™t detect motion that far. A sensor in the box can have the camera record when the box opens. This can help if someone swipes a package from your mailbox or worse.

images

That was a great price.