Virtual Temp Device

I’m tried searching and found one that was buggy/didn’t work.

I have a virtual temp sensor that I’d like to essentially duplicate the temp output from a GoControl motion sensor so that I can see the room temp at a glance. Bonus points if it can also average the temps from multiple sensors.

What’s the purpose of averaging the temps?

I like to see an average of the temps in parts of the house. I would like to use that to control zones, but that’s not nearly as important as the first request.

Do you use webCoRE?

1 Like

Some options to consider:

Look for SmartApps that natively support multiple temperature sensors like [RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule) or [RELEASE] Motion Sensor Thermostat Detect Presence Based Temperature but that assumes that the apps provide the functionality that you’re looking to achieve.

If you’re using a custom app then one option may be to modify the app to support multiple sensors and then average them.

If it’s a simple routine/action that you’re trying to use based on average temperatures, you can also create the action using WebCoRE or CoRE.

You can also check out ActionTiles to see if they can create a tile to average sensors for display purposes.

The reason I asked if you use webcore is this…