Vimar zigbee switch

Ciao Ragazzi, ho necessità di controllare un interruttore vimar zigbee switch, ma nell’app smartthings non me lo riconosce… qualcuno mi può dare il codice del device-handler corretto da importare?
grazie come sempre.

What is the model number?

Many Vimar switches use the Zigbee “green power” profile, and these do not work with SmartThings directly.

They do work with a Philips Hue hub, so you can use them as a parallel means of control for other devices connected to that same Hue hub. But they won’t show up in your SmartThings app.

thanks, the model number is 14592

Hi Claudio,

by default the vimar switches come with bluetooth firmware onboard. Did you switch with the vimar app to zigbee version?

I’m telling you so cause i’ve just connected it to smarthings yesterday and it was recognized end connect through ou of the box edge driver.

Morover consider that after you upload the new zigbee firmware you have 5 minitues counter to pair it, other wise you have to cut off power and give it back to get a 5 minutes fresh paring window.

Hope it helps

Tommaso

P.s. be sure you smartthings hub is updated to latest version.

1 Like

Hi Tommaso,
i’ve update the firmware zigbee, but in smartthings app i cnnot see the switch… what do you mean with “box Edge”?

Ok, this one, right?

The good news is that is not using the green power profile. So it should add just fine as a standard Zigbee switch.

Which model hub do you have?

what doy you mean with hub? smarthings… i have not a gateway

I’m referring to out of the box edge driver, the default drivers package installed onto the smartthings hub as per the latest firmware version.

You need a SmartThings or Aeotec hub in order to use any zwave or Zigbee devices.

https://www.amazon.it/Aeotec-Smart-Home-Hub-SmartThings/dp/B08NDH9NXN/

If you don’t have a hub, you can only use WiFi or cloud to cloud devices at this time. And only ones with SmartThings integrations.

Meross has some models that work.

https://www.amazon.it/Interruttore-Controllo-Compatibile-Telecomando-Veneziana/dp/B08CTVPVSY/

Hi guys, I have Vimar Smart Home but I am very unhappy with the automation functions of the VIEW app. The function I miss the most is that I can not automate when I am on holiday. Do you have any idea or can you recommend another app to integrate Vimar to get that function?

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that format. And Vimar Smart Home is an entirely different platform, so I’m not sure we’ll be able to help you much here. :thinking:

As of this posting, probably your easiest way to get more functionality with your existing system is to look into Alexa routines.

Another option would be IFTTT, but at this point, you have to pay a monthly subscription fee, and the number of companies participating has been going down because of other available options. But you could take a look at it.

Beyond that, you’ll probably get more help on a brand-agnostic forum like the Reddit home automation subforum. They cover all brands and platforms.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/