Vesternet Sale Summer 2016

Maybe of interest…

1 Like

Each Monday in July and August we’re going to run a one-day only sale - with up to 20% savings on selected products.

For those who are unfamiliar with them, vesternet is a very reputable online retailer of home automation products, with a particularly wide range of Z wave devices for the UK market. They also have excellent customer support. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’d go so far as to say incredible customer support, they are extremely helpful and friendly.

They will be my go-to shop for home automation for the foreseeable future - just a shame the (very strange imho) curry’s exclusive with smartthings precludes one from buying any smartthings kit there!

1 Like

I don’t know for sure, but since the Currys deal was announced right about the same time SmartThings announced their first brick-and-mortar partners in the US (Sears and Best Buy), my guess is they were looking for a UK distributor who had brick-and-mortar stores as well.

Currently on today:

2 Likes

If you’ve already seen one of my posts about the range extenders elsewhere in the forum, just ignore this one, but for newer members I just wanted to mention once again that you do not need a single purpose range extender for Z wave.

They were useful back in the early days of Z wave, but for a couple of years now pretty much any mains-powered zwave device Will act as a repeater, including pocket sockets, plug in motion sensors, and in-wall relays. And all the devices now work at max power.

So there’s no reason to give up a wall socket for a single purpose range extender device. Get a dual purpose device instead.

Also note that if you get any zwave plus device, you will get about 50% longer-range than from the old single purpose range extenders.

There are some members who have the single purpose range extenders and found that they did help get past a dead spot. It’s not that they don’t work. It’s just that with the newer generations of Z wave there’s no reason to pay for a single-purpose extender device anymore, as the dual-purpose devices extend the range in exactly the same way. :sunglasses:

1 Like