Using Fibaro Sensors, to replace Honeywell Evohome thermostats. Anyone done it?

Basically what I want to achieve is;

• new installation of a 20 zone heating system
  • use 2 x honeywell evohome sets as the ‘brains’ (good algorithms for controlling heat outcomes)
  • use Fibaro sensors to give the ‘brains’ a temperature reading in each zone (to avoid duplicated cost of in room 'stats)
  • configure all heating centrally via the honeywell app, or indeed via SmartThings once the integration is launched

So basically, I want to use Fibaro Sensors (how cool do they look?!) instead of honeywell manual 'stats/controllers in each room.

Maybe it will even be cheaper?

Has anyone attempted this, or maybe has a different take on how to create a far smarter and integrated setup?

I have the luxury of a new build home project - so not wedded to anything yet. :slight_smile:

No but if you find out how let me know, having a thermostat next to a radiator is not the best idea. And the wall thermostats are more expensive than the TRV’s I’'m not buying 12 of them! :slightly_smiling:

I have read a little more (a dangerous thing perhaps), and I am now thinking that with IFTTT, and a bit of patience, it should be possible to replicate something like Honeywell’s Evohome - and control all the heating zones and the boiler itself.

However, I would massively prefer it if I could learn from someone else who has it done it before, anyone out there?

If I did the following, maybe I would have a good solution;

• set up room settings in ST (for each heating zone, towel radiators etc…)
  • use a z-wave temp sensor in each room (Fibaro ones can be adjusted for being set higher in the room)
  • create a Thing that tells ST I want each room at X, Y, Z temp at various times of the day (like a normal thermostat)
  • apply some clever logic to it (e.g. it takes the room 30 minutes to heat up)
  • more clever stuff that tells the boiler to fire up, and connects to control valves and actuators using Fibaro relays
  • etc…

Please let me know if you have done this!

KJ

Yeah but that interface though!

Admittedly it cost me nearly 1k, but you’ll put several times more than that in time getting it to sing and dance together.
The trv’s are really smart on their own, I might be wrong but I can’t imagine any other supplier having Honeywell’s knowledge on this subject. Just calibrating the valve, each one being different, understanding the resistance, stroke and optimising valve position.

Please don’t let that stop you but the Honeywell implementation is really mature, their scheduling is comprehensive not to mention advanced features like optimisation, learning your systems heat propagation properties etc.