Use switch with dimmer and The Big Switch app

I have read a number of threads that promote The Big Switch app as a great way to control another switch.

In my home,the living room only has one switch, located at the far end of the room from the bedrooms. I’m going to swap that switch with one of the Evolve dimmers.

On the opposite end of the room, I want to add another Zwave switch that will use The Big Switch app to turn the dimmer on and off, so I don’t have to navigate across the room in the dark at night.

My question is: can I use a basic Zwave switch to toggle the dimmer on and off through The Big Switch, or since the “real” control is a dimmer, do I have to use another dimmer? I’m fine only being able to control the dim at one point, I just want to be able to turn the light off (then back on) from across the room.

1 Like

Yup… you’re good here.

Perfect! I just wanted to check before I spent the money and tried to hook it all up.

Can One Big Switch have one dimmer follow another? i.e. I turn my master GE Switch Dimmer on to 75%, and then my GE Link Bulbs also turn on to 75%, and when I adjust the main dimmer to 50%, the linked bulbs follow to the same adjustment?