Use Remotes to Arm/Disarm Smart Home Monitor (and More...)

Remote Controller SmartApp allows using remote controls, such as Aeon Labs Minimote, to control essential functions of the SmartThings home automation system.

Remote Controller supports remotes with up to 99 buttons. Each button can be individually configured to perform any (or all) of the following actions:

Some remote controls, for example Aeon Labs Minimote, can recognize whether the button was pushed momentarily or held down. You can configure Remote Controller to perform different actions depending on the type of button action.

Please visit https://github.com/statusbits/smartthings/blob/master/remote-controller.md for more information.

11 Likes

Nice work! Am I going to be able to use this with the SmartenIT 3 toggle? And can people use it with the Securifi key fob?

Any device that implements Button capability should work.

3 Likes

My Beta SmartApp with similar functionality + security, is still open for testing and feedback / feature requests…

You have yours updated to handle the new SHM alarm states?

Nice job dude!, finally a button app with dynamic pages, yippie!

1 Like

@geko @tgauchat These look interesting but I have to ask…wait for it…will they execute locally? :smile:

Nothing will execute locally at launch except for Smart Lights app, provided all your devices also execute locally, which means only can only have stock, ST-provided Zigbee and Z-Wave device type handlers.

2 Likes

Nope… But that’s a great feature request! :wink: