Updates to Google integration

Duplicate devices now gets worse on my case.

Already followed suggestion by fellows on this thread to assign duplicated devices to another home on Google side, worked for about a month.

Now the problem occurs when I tell Google to turn on my Chromecast connected TV. It now says “Sorry, it looks like Samsung 6 series isn’t available right now”

You can see this “Samsung 6 series” is considered as a switch on Google, which means it’s from SmartThings:

In the past i was always able to ask Google to turn on TV for me, because Chromecast is using HDMI ARC, and on my main home it’s a Chromecast device. In fact, when I ask Google to play music, play videos “on TV”, it’ll work, even when TV is off, and you can see Google now understands I want to turn on “Living room TV”:

Google now even confuses itself when I tell it to turn on “Living room TV”, so apparently even “turn on Living room TV” doesn’t work, only tell it to stream something or casting does.

I am pretty sure this issue is because of duplicated devices, and for some reason even I assign that “Samsung 6 series” to a different home, Google still tries to turn on the switch “Samsung 6 series”

Please fix this, it’s driving me nuts :rage::rage:

1 Like