Duplicate Devices for Google Integration

Hi,

When I add Smartthings to my Google, it links all the devices that I have in Smartthings in the Google, however I already have those devices linked in Google and this causes the issue of duplicate devices.

Someone on another thread suggested to toggle off “Allow Google Assistant to access all devices, Scenes and Routines.” option under Settings > Connected Services > Google.

The problem is - I don’t have "Allow Google Assistant to access all devices, Scenes and Routines.” toggle available in the SmartThings app. Do you have any other workaround? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this update!

And this is the final nail in the coffin for smart things in my home. Absolutely pathetic change from a UX point of view. I’ve just ordered half a dozen Hue PIRs and will be replacing my smartthings plugs and water sensors with ones that interact directly with Google.

Smartthings always felt like it was rushed out, and has never really been a 100% product worthy of the Samsung brand. This sort of change is wholly inline with the feel that we’re all nothing but beta testers