Updated: "FlipFlic" smart blinds Kickstarter launched 3/29

Hello everyone,
True - we are launching v.2 on Kickstarter (Mar 29th). To be the first to get the campaign link, please subscribe on our website :slight_smile:
Mark, the nice product video will be available after the launch, so here is the simple demo.
Austin, yes, it will work with 1ā€™ā€™ mini blinds, as soon as the tilting is done by the wand.
Terry, thanks a lot for the comments!
-Ksenia

5 Likes

Definitely looks promising!
Letā€™s hope they donā€™t launch with too high of a goal that they miss the target.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ itā€™s really easy to set a low goal and then run out of funds and be unable to deliver (ummmā€¦ pointing a big finger at WigWag; though they overfunded significantly and still ran out of money!).

In an ideal world, Projects should have goals that exceed their requirements by a wide margin in order to help ensure there are spare funds so that all the Rewards can be delivered and the company has a buffer for viability post-Kickstarter as well.

Kickstarter Projects have to have a high level of respect for their Backers. Most of their companies wouldnā€™t exist without them! :smile:

Letā€™s not forget that SmartThings began as a Kickstarter Project!

They raised 1.2 million and delivered a nice product. Iā€™m not sure if ST would exist without the Kickstarter success. That said, Iā€™m excited for the launch of the Kickstarter and it looks like Iā€™ll likely back this.

3 Likes

FLIFLIC V2 - launched on Kickstarter today . . . check it out !!!

( https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jalousier/flipflic )

also claims that it will work with ST out of the box :slight_smile: wahoo

1 Like

Iā€™ve pledged for both iBlinds and FlipFlic - on the desperate hope that one will make it to production. I have to say I prefer the iBlinds design, but their last email, and March 31 campaign end, seems like theyā€™ve admitted Kickstarter defeat.

For FF, the price ($60/75 w or w/o solar) is reasonable, but they get you with a $15 shipping charge.

I backed FlipFlic. I originally put for the $60 level although just changed it to $75. Solar will be easier to use. I hope they make their goals. Slim Blinds (1ā€™) compatibility is awesome! ST support is huge. Now just hoping for some stretch goals!

1 Like

Thank you, Austin! Really appreciate it and let us know if you have any questions!

Hereā€™s the campaign link for those who havenā€™t seen it yet, appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

Thank you for the support, Charles!

1 Like

I threw in support as well. Iā€™ll go with 1 with the solar charger and see how it is. I have 2 windows side-by-side in the living room, but one will cause some serious glare on the TV so I may not automate that set of blinds.

If it works well, I may buy more at retail launch.
Itā€™s starting out well like iBlinds did. Been up for a few hours and nearing 7K of the 50K goal, with a longer project life (45 days instead of 30).
I think they watched iBlinds and really learned from it.

3 Likes

Backed and hope FF gets funded fully

4 Likes

I was considering backing, but just noticed it requires a wand to tilt horizontal blinds; pull cords arenā€™t supported but apparently thereā€™s an email list to be notified if they do in the future.

1 Like

Yupā€¦ They have a prototype and the firmware and app will be the same; just need to perfect the mechanism, so not included in Kickstarter (yet). All my blinds use pull cords for tilt, so Iā€™m hoping they get the resources to add this device to their offerings.

I am not quite sure this will meet its goal as the target audience is only one type of blind. In my house I have cellular, sheer, Roman and pull cord horizontal, so I am not a candidate right now. I am finding that wand tilt isnā€™t as popular these days as a lot of people are doing cellular, etc.

I hope it does meet its goal as itā€™s very affordable.

The well planned publicity campaign will help.

And, as they say on Shark Tankā€¦ Is this a product or a company? Each type of blinds presents unique challenges, but perhaps FlipFlic will be in a position to fill more and more window covering automation needs.

2 Likes

All my blinds are pull-cord, but I backed them anyway. With competition from blinds.com and blindster, Iā€™m willing to replace what I have for a decent automation solution.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ FlipFlic is crushing it right now!

Nearing 20K of the 50K goal in a little less than a day and a half.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat with 12 blinds using pull cords. Hopping they perfect the hardware. IBlinds was nice option, but missed its funding goals.

2 Likes

Yeah I have blinds with pull cords as well. I hope they get funded because this looks like exactly what I have been looking for.

1 Like

Thank you, everyone! We are getting closer to 50% funding and are waiting for two live reviews from good media sources, I hope the campaign continues to go well. We do have a prototype for corded window blinds - it is the youngest and we want to take more time to finalize some important questions. We do have a subscription form here - we will need to collect some closed circle feedback before we show it to public + we want to evaluate the interest. Currently, 127 people subscribed to it in two days.

Cheers,
Ksenia

5 Likes