(Updated) Efergy 2.0 (Connect)

Thanks for the feedback

Give me a little while and I will take a look.

your’re the bomb, let me know if you need logs etc

thanks

Thanks…
Do you have debug on? If yes… then please message me the logs

Just turned it on, ill let it get some info then ill msg you with it

Thank you very much for this app. I just upgraded the device to 2.4.2 and now I am getting errors in my live logs every 30 seconds stating:

10:06:52: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1450152675131626072779.updateUsageData() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Today’s Usage: $0.64 (7.12 kWh), December Usage $17.37 (192.99 kWh), …] @ line 259

10:06:51: error java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: “Last Updated:
12/15/2015 - 10:06:44 AM” @ line 177

This was working fine with no errors until I upgraded yesterday. Sorry, I am not sure the version I was on before that since there have been daily updates. I was at least a few versions behind…

Edit: Also noticed that “Today’s Usage” is showing twice in the tiles in the app with the incorrect numbers as well:

Showing as:
“Today’s Usage: Today’s Usage: $1.09 (12.15 kWh)”

This is also very different what is showing in the app from what shows in the logs “Today’s Usage: $0.65 (7.18 kWh)”

Edit 2: Looks like this information was from remnants of the update yesterday. The “Last updated” tile showed the time stamp of when I performed the upgrade yesterday. As such, I uninstalled and re-install the SmartApp and Device. Now the app is showing all empty tiles and the tile is grey. Refresh does nothing even though it gets setup fine in the SmartApp. At this time, the Device is not working likely due to the error logs posted above.

Can you please update the device code with the latest from github and let me know if that helps.

Unfortunately still the same issue. I turned on Debugging but not sure where the logs are.

The logs that show for the device are still:

13:30:30: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1450204225126709678207.updateUsageData() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl, org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [Today’s Usage: $0.71 (7.84 kWh), December Usage $17.43 (193.7 kWh), …] @ line 259

13:30:30: error java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Last Updated:

I also uninstalled and re-installed the SmartApp and Device from scratch but did not help.

Thank you

I started rolling back the device type commits from GITHUB and the issue began SINCE the following commit:

Any commits prior to this one are working 100%

So the one I just pushed 20 minutes ago is not working?

Correct. I updated the version with the commit notes:

Fixed Budget Arithmatic for those that don’t have it set under there …

Started completely from scratch and it’s now working with the version you published. Had to delete all code and devices and start from the beginning. Just wanted to let you know it works now.

Thank you

There is an error in the code on line 165. The daily “cost” is showing as the monthly cost. The following needs to be changed from:

sendEvent(name: “todayUsage”, value: “${state.currencySym}${monthCost} (${todayUsage} kWH)”, display: false, displayed: false)

to

sendEvent(name: “todayUsage”, value: “${state.currencySym}${todayCost} (${todayUsage} kWH)”, display: false, displayed: false)

Thanks again for this Device and App for Efergy.

1 Like

I have an Efergy with two clamps to allow for solar generation. Any plans to support this?

I don’t have anyway to test it. How does it work differently than the regular clamps?
Either way the app is just displaying the data from Efergy’s servers so it’s not out of the realm of possibility for me to update it.

Clamps are the same. Just two devices on the same Efergy hub. Solar shows as negative usage for generation. Sites like PVoutput can be configured to show solar right. So if second device can be show in ST, it will be nice. Here is my PVoutput: http://pvoutput.org/list.jsp?sid=35876

Thanks for a great app!

Sorry i’ve been really busy with another app. I don’t see this as being to hard but it’s not anything I will have time for in the next little while. I will likely rewrite the Efergy connect app at some point to use all of the knowledge i’ve obtained since i wrote it.
I will reach out to you when that time comes.

1 Like

Any word on when Efergy will be given some love? :slight_smile:

The last update broke the SmartApp (won’t launch) and hoping to see an update soon.

Thanks for all your hard work on this Device/Smartapp. I know the userbase is smaller than Nest but still appreciated by those that use it

I wasn’t aware it was broken.

Can you send me the error you are seeing in the logs of the IDE?
I will try my best to track it down and fix it

Sure here’s the line that comes up when I click on it.

I’ve been posted to Issues on your GITHUB page but I guess this is the better place :slight_smile:

15:34:57: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method appName() on null object @ line 87

I just pushed out an update. Sorry there were pieces left in from the personal version that run which is part of a parent child setup… I also switched over the refresh poll to use cron. It will refresh every minute instead of every 30 seconds