Updated: Device Name instead of an Icon, here's how I did it

THANK YOU SO MUCH . . . What a fantastic little hack for icons this is, it should 110% be integrated as an option further down the line by SmartThings :smiley:

As a graphic designer i had to make this perfect for my situations but still on theme with ST’s current stuff or it would bug my OCD nature, so i wanted it to still appear as icons . . . but just my own versions that represent my personal products as a pose to something generic to help me identify them . . .

I then noticed that when the ST ICONS were clicks they changed colour so to speak to be darker over green which made me realize the icons wernt a flat colour they had dropped opacity . . .

So if you want to match the styling of ST ICONS with your own custom images, then here is the stats and a little diagram to explain what i mean . . .

All the ST ICONS are actually “BLACK” but the opacity is “30%” making them appear the mid grey they appear over white background, but then the darker green once over the green background . . . as illustrated in the attached image of the custom icon i made for the light in my Jellyfish Aquarium :smiley:

So remember: BLACK / 30% OPACITY saved as a “.PNG” (with a transparent background)

glad i could share this back with you also to hopefully help others,
yet again great hack guys . . . Thank you.

3 Likes