UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

I’m not in the dark. My lights won’t turn off! ! ! ! ! !

9 Likes

Just to add a datapoint, not using Security, using SHM-Custom, Routines and Modes. My arming and disarming has been rock solid for a week since moving to Custom. This includes motion changing the Modes.

Everything was rock solid for me too until last night. Cross your fingers and do the good voodoo dance.

1 Like

I just checked the platform status… everything is fine, no problems -Sarcasm- sorry :smirk:

2 Likes

My front door sensor still randomly says it’s open, when the door is actually closed. I’ve reset the sensor. I’ve replaced the battery. etc.

When I open the door and close it a second time, the door sensor properly shows a CLOSED status. But I have to open and close the door twice to make it show CLOSED…

So frustrating.

OH GOOD. Thank goodness.

4 Likes

Hey guys,

New problem. The hub’s been turned off and batteries removed for 15 mins and so far… my app says its online and even lets me arm and disarm the hub :disappointed_relieved:

The hub’s going to stay off until tomorrow since I am moving houses.

SCHEDULING ISSUES

10:15 PST 4/26

Our engineering team has discovered issues that are impacting some schedules. They have taken actions to fix the problem. If you are still having scheduling issues, please PM me or open a support ticket.

4 Likes

Some of mine work. Some do not. I have several tickets in. All they do is re-run the Update Script which does nothing.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely had issues the past two days with outside lights on a timed schedule not working. I put it on timed because sunrise/sunset wasn’t working a few months ago. Just put it back on sunrise/sunset this morning to see if that works.

This simple stuff does not need to be cloud based…I don’t get it. I’m very appreciative of all the changes coming for the better but this is very frustrating.

I parsed it all down. It appears only cloud based schedules are failing. The local rules that only trigger before or after sunrise work just fine.

That’s good… how can I tell if something is running local or cloud?

The links to check what is running locally on your own account are available in the community-created wiki. That has all six links: local apps for US accounts, local apps for UK accounts, locally eligible devices for US accounts and locally eligible devices for UK accounts. :slight_smile:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

Supposedly: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/localInstalledSmartApp/list

Let me add that when we were having trouble with local execution, they said they could make mine run in the cloud.
When I had trouble again, I asked if they could make mine local again. I was told there was no way to assign them…
So, these are listed as localInstalled, but?

hmm, I have nothing. I guess that means Smart Lighting is not local.

Weird! I have many. Mostly Smart Lighting. Of course, I bought into that & have many of them.

To show up on the list:

• you must sign into the same server that your account uses. Otherwise you will get a completely blank list. The community created wiki has all the different URLs:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

• The specific smartapp (in this case smart lighting) must be tagged for local operation in your account

• The specific smart lighting automation must use only devices on the locally eligible devices list for your account

So if you set up a smart lighting automation but you use it to control Phillips hue bulbs, it won’t show up on the list of what your own hub is running locally because the hue bulbs are not eligible to run locally.

If you have installed smart lighting, but you haven’t created any individual automations, nothing will show up on the list of what your own hub is running locally for smart lighting. Because each automation has to be individually evaluated based on the devices that it uses.

If you had set up a smart lighting automation to use locally eligible devices, but you had a problem before and support moved that automation to the cloud, it won’t show up on the local list anymore.

So there are multiple reasons why you might have smart lighting but nothing shows on your local list.

1 Like

Thanks for the info JDRoberts… Is there a specific way to tag eligible smart apps to run locally? I’ve looked in the IDE and the app and I don’t see anything. I’m using linear switches for my zwave automation.

Oh wait… I’m also hub v1. Are automations not able to run locally at all for v1?

No - local processing only works on hub v2

As a newby and not a hobbiest for SmartThings, I would really like to see a “Smartthings Forum” operated by Smartthings. The community has fine folks with very good suggestions, but there are others as well. It seems like an unreal amount of replies, many start new subjects and ramble on. This makes it very difficult for us folks who don’t have a great amount of time to figure out how to do something.

So that is my my 2 cents worth.

2 Likes