UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

Mine has been 100% too since October, I believe. Perhaps for different reasons than yours, though…

oops, I read your post after I posted my comment…

1 Like

I’m sitting here LMPFAO, aka Laughing My Fracking Proverbial Ass Off. Nice one. This the best one I have heard of in a long time!!! ST fixed! Fixed? So say we all. NOT.

Personally I wouldn’t rely on SHM to be aware of anything. In fact, it is an enticement for any would be crook if be known that somebody uses ST!! While my SHM does show correct status all the time (wonder of wonders), I continue to have ad hoc rules failing to fire. Something that worked yesterday didn’t wire today & will work again tomorrow. Quite frankly I am sure there is a reason, like exceeding execution time. But why it works one day & not another & then again all without intervention on my part, only the ST gods know; and they’re crappy at best. NOT a sound endorsement. I guess PR, even BAD PR, in the case of ST, is a good thing. [Yeah, I’m annoyed!]

J

Ha, I guess I should’ve mentioned that I left my Aeon Siren Gen5 out of the mix. It is going to take several weeks of perfect operation before I would ever consider connecting the siren again. I can’t have that going off again for no reason anymore.

2 Likes

Well i will say that I had no problems manually switching around alarm states in SHM yesterday. And it successfully disarmed twice with my I’m Back routine. However, my Goodnight routine did not trigger at all last night so it did not automatically arm itself. So I certainly can’t say things are resolved by any means.

My good night routine also did not fire last night. My wake up alarm didn’t fire this morning (I’m retired so not like I missed work but still) and SHM re-armed itself as “away” after my wife left for work. It disarmed before she went to work but re-armed after she left. There is no way in my system it can do that when someone is home and I’ve been here since 1:00pm on the 19th. They are messing with something as it was working so well for me after the fix. Maybe I am now on one of the bad parts of the system. I guess I will go back to using my IFTT Backup triggers again. The weird thing is my wife’s alarm fired at 5:57am because I saw her light come on to wake her up. V1 hub. These triggers are all in Smartthings approved routines.

Just wanted to add - my good night routine did execute last night but did not switch the mode to Night and did not switch on a virtual “night mode” switch that it was supposed to, which lead to other issues…

Several rules stopped running last night, yay

After a long stretch of my routines actually working, my SHM did not disarm with my Good Morning routine. Not a fun morning.

2 Likes

I’m still having one or more RM rules not fire each day. They either time out or never fire in the first place. I’ve even got RM doing auto-updates every 12 hours on all of my rules to try to keep them firing as scheduled. Overall, I’d say the implemented changes have made the system somewhat better(?), but it is still not there yet.

My system did not disarm yesterday either.

My Sunrise/Sunset triggers have not worked for 3 days now. I will open a ticket, but I wonder if it was more system-wide.

Time based routines are increasingly unreliable. Support suggests deleting and recreating - not a useful suggestion, since it still fails.

Glad that I don’t expect it to work, otherwise I would be disappointed.

2 Likes

The odd thing with my routine failure was only half of it triggered. It turned off my Blink camera’s fine, but left SHM armed.

I note the near daily platform update notices have stopped too. Something’s awry.

Are they local applications or cloud based. My local sunrise/sunset schedules have worked up until I click ‘reply’. After that…who knows lol

Yeah, they closed shop to prepare for the massive developer event kickoff

Every time a big event… the last massive meltdown around SXSW, last fall at the big hub launch for that big conference…blah blah planning.

:rage: better not have left us “in the dark”