UPDATE: Recent SmartThings User Experience & Platform Performance

I am having a horrible time trying to get the Harmony activities to Smartthings to Echo to work. I have now spent two days, and as a new user to all of this, the instructions are frustrating. I have read as many comments as I can, but I can see there’s a lot of differences from last year’s helpful tips to this year.

I apologize for the long post, but I am so frustrated at my own inability to get this system to work! I’m not a tech expert by any means, but I have read so much that I feel like I should be able to do a better job.

In a nutshell, none of my Smartthings activities/devices/switches will work. Everything worked fine in Harmony. I can push the “on” button to turn on the TV and nothing happens. I’ve gone thru the triggers, made virtual buttons, etc…and I must be missing some basic steps.

I did the sharing between ST and Echo, and if I ask her to “turn on the TV”, I get the response "I found several devices that match that, which one do you want? UGH!

Thanks for any help someone can give me. Again, I apologize for the excessive info, but I wasn’t sure how else to demonstrate how far I have gotten!