Unlock button on Smart Things Find

The Unlock Feature has been removed from Smart Things.

Is there any other way of unlocking a Samsung 22S. My 70 year old father is convinced he is inputting the correct pin. But it keeps saying its wrong and he has to wait hours to retry.

I found this option to unlock through googling the issue, to discover this fiunction was removed a few days ago.

I really dont want to have re-set the whole phone as he has it set up the way he wants it.

His memory is not as great anymore.

Hope someone can help.

4 Likes

Welcome! I’m sure that’s a very challenging situation.

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the Samsung SmartThings Home Automation system. It’s not officially monitored by Samsung staff, except for controlling spam and harassment.

You might get a better answer if you posted in the official help forum. That one is monitored by Samsung employees. I don’t know if there’s likely to be another change, but they would know more than we would.

Of course they may just send you back here since it Has to do with the app but I do think it’s worth trying over there:

1 Like
2 Likes

I hope Samsung will relaunch the Unlock Option. I have been locked for almost a month now. I cannot reset my phone because there are lots of photos stored in it.

1 Like

I don’t think they will unfortunately. It was removed as hackers used it to access peoples phones.

1 Like

I was told over the phone, they were working on this feature to bring it back. I believe the recent upgrade, has messed up my phones pattern lock and it is not accepting the correct pattern.

The same problem! I think I will orient myself towards iPhone !

I have the same problem for the last week. My s23 ultra, don’t get the pattern, and my phone is locked for 24 hours every time I do the ‘’ wrong pattern’'. I can’t believe that Samsung doesn’t have a solution to this problem, when there are so many possibilities to prove that you are the owner of the phone in order to help you to unlock the device, without losing your data. How can this problem be solved ? How can we escalate the situation to someone from Samsung management? I understand that there are many situations like this and it is not normal that there is no solution. Especially when the solution already exists: the Unlock button from Smart Thing Finds.

1 Like

This forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the SmartThings Home Automation platform. It’s not officially monitored by Samsung employees except the handle spam and harassment. (and a small section to support developers.)

The best way to get the attention of Samsung corporate is to post comments on their public facing sites like Facebook and Twitter/x. Those are at least monitored by marketing employees, and they also tend to get the attention of journalists who can often ask direct questions of senior staff during interviews.

Its ridiculous. atleast samsung employees should have unlock option in service center. to prevent hackers may be we cant submit our proof. removing completely is insane

Exactly… iPhone users have this possibility and can unlock their devices by proving that they are the owner of the device. I understand that hacking is a problem, but there are situations where users need to access the data of a locked device, because anything can happen: forgotten pin or pattern, smashed screen, etc. I don’t think there is no way to unlock the device without data loss… the option was working some time ago.

I have the same problem, pattern locked out though it is correct, and there is NO Feature to unlock phone without losing all my Data

Samsung added an extra letter to a lock password few days ago. My phone is unlocked at my house and near my galaxy watch…
Today I went to job and my phone locked… my pass was incorrect so I went back home to get my watch and unlock it… nothing happened… now I am on 2 hours lockout AND phone switched to AIRPLANE MODE!!! So Its not connected and cant do anything

I have same issue. My phone is not accepting my password after an update. I have s21 ultra.

Can this pleased be fixed? Having the same issue on A13.

1 Like

I have same problem on S21 Ultra. My pattern doesn’t work. I’m sure I’m entering it correctly - I’ve been using it for several years now. I am very disappointed in Samsung phones. A year ago, a green stripe appeared along the entire length of the screen. My wife’s S21 already has 2 green stripes on the screen. And in my previous phone S19 Ultra, part of the screen stopped working. Something always breaks. There are no words to express my indignation towards Samsung. Next phone NOT SAMSUNG.

1 Like

Hi, I have just had the same lockout issue with a samsung s21+. Without warning required password including 4 numbers and a character.
I tried my Google password as has been reccomended but no use. Tried all other passwords and failed with timeout racking up to 24 hrs.
Finally had a thought and tried my old previous Google password. And that Worked !!
All i can think is that the first Google password you set up on the phone is what is stored by the phone as this magic password. It would seem that it doesnt get changed if you subsequently change your google account password.
Sharing this just in case it helps someone else. The relief in accessing the phone again was immense and i am so sorry for people who are still locked out of their priceless photos and data.
I still have no idea why the phone locked itself in the first place but its very poor of Samsung to leave users in this position.

We need to make a stink about this. I’m locked out of my note20 and have been for over 3 months. I tried a million different passwords and nothing.
If anyone has a name(s) on Twitter or Reddit, lets gang up and get a solution to our problems!

1 Like

my phone got locked after i kept for charging and the fingerprint option was not there.i was using the pin for the last 2 months(its a new phone).I am [retty sure that i didnt change the pin and still its saying incorrect.all my photos which i really need it ,is still inside.unlock option is not found in smart things.never ever i am not going to buy samsung anymore.i was a die hard fan of samsung…i never liked iphone…now this incident made me change my mind…Still my phone is locked for 24 hours with too many unlock attempts

I am having the same issue with my A13. I forgot my password because I am taking medication that messed up my memory.