Unable to delete lock codes?

I have a Schlage Z-Wave Connect Century Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm BE469 CEN 619. I’m using SmartThing’s “Smart Lock Guest Access” SmartApp to control it. It more or less works fine, except I’m unable to delete user codes from the app. What’s weird is that the names for those entries don’t show up when I log into SmartThings from the web. Any advice? Should I factory reset the lock? I tried to uninstall ST’s “Smart Lock Guest Access” from the app, but see no way to do that. Or should I just leave things as they are and not risk breaking things even further? :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you receive an error?

They will not show in IDE.

Yep, it says “Deleting Code,” but then says, “Something Went Wrong – Something went wrong while deleting the lock code. Try again.”

What I meant to say was that the other two codes (the ones I haven’t tried to delete) DO show up in IDE, but the ones I’ve previously tried to delete but got errors DON’T. Leads me to believe that they have somehow been deleted but are still showing up in the app?

Does the specific code you are trying to delete still function on your Lock Keypad? You could be receiving this error because we are waiting on a message from the Lock that the code has been deleted, but it can’t be because it no longer exists.

For reasons of everything being well synced, if the above is not true and your overall use of codes is minimal, then I would definitely consider the Factory Reset to clear all codes and then an Exclude/Re-Include back to your Hub.

Smart Lock Guest Access can be deleted using the new App by using the following steps:

1. Log in to the App.
  2. Click on Menu in the upper left-hand side.
  3. Click on “SmartApps.”
  4. Click on the three vertical dot menu in the upper right-hand corner, and then “Delete.”
  5. Select Smart Lock Guest Access and delete it.

You’ll have to re-add it again after this, and you don’t necessarily need to remove it in combination with your Lock, although it would be a more complete troubleshooting process. Hope this helps!

That fixed it, thank you!!

2 Likes

That can happen for a variety of reasons including the one Garrett mentioned. What is implies is that the underlying mesh is losing packets. I would recommending this topic which will help you reduce the chances of some of these issues happening in future: FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

The smart locks app is a basic app with limited capabilities. You’ve seen an example of it not being able to identify if there’s a problem with lock packets in the mesh. If you’re looking for something hardier with the ability to identify mesh issues and compensate for them including tracking code programming, creating expiration or scheduled codes, custom notifications/actions etc, check out the Lock User Management (LUM) app:

Thank you! Your app is clearly the Bentley of these apps. I just need to justify the price.

My main issue with getting a repeater is that my hub IS within 10ft from the lock, and there’s nowhere else to put it (it’s in an electronics closet).

Glad to hear you got this resolved!

Your electronics closet is very likely creating some level of interference for the Hub. It’s definitely understandable that the Hub would end up there though and it’s not the end of the world for you to do so.

If you ever have trouble with packet loss/loss of sync again, I would consider adding in some sort of repeating Z-Wave Device. It doesn’t even necessarily need to be directly between the Lock and the Hub, just within the same general area. This will create an alternate route for the Lock to get to the Hub (and vice versa) which it can use if the direct route between them is struggling.

Thank you, sir! Is there an affordable repeating Z-Wave device you’d recommend?

Not a problem! Happy to help. Just my opinion, but since Range Extenders like this one retail for around $30 (same price on Amazon), I would much rather get some functionality for roughly the same price.

If it’s an option for your location and there’s something you could also control with it (lamp, appliance, etc.) I would consider a Z-Wave Plug-In Outlet or a Z-Wave In-Wall Outlet. Whichever route you choose, you’ll get the benefits of an extra pathway to/from the Hub and Lock, so there’s really no wrong choice!

Thank you so much!!