Ultra Pro Zwave switch not pairing correctly

UltraPro Z-Wave Plus Smart Light Switch, In-Wall White Paddles Built-In Repeater Range Extender ZWave Hub Required - Alexa and Google Assistant Compatible, 39348

I just installed this switch and I’m having a heck of a time getting it to pair to SmartThings as the correct device. The reviews are full of people saying it installs into SmartThings so easily. Not sure why I’m having trouble.

I’ve tried paring it as a GE switch, a Honeywell switch, a generic device. It pairs very quickly. And I can quickly remove it without any problem. I’ve done this about 10 times. I’ve also factory reset the switch, that’s also easy.
The problem is, once it pairs, it just shows up as an Iris Zwave Repeater. It doesn’t show up as a switch. I’ve added it both by using the camera to scan the QR code and by manually adding the PIN, that doesn’t matter either.

Any ideas on how to get this device to register properly with SmartThings?

Try pairing it by using “scan nearby”.

Then log into the “IDE” (SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.) and check the type. If it’s not suitable, use Edit to change it to “Z-wave Switch Generic”.

This happens with new-ish device types. If I understand correctly, the hub firmware has a list of device fingerprints. Until a new device is added in a firmware update, you’ll get odd results adding it.

1 Like

Hal,
Thanks mate, that was so easy. Took 30 seconds to log in and edit that. Wiped away 45 minutes of frustration in a blink. Now it works a treat.
Have a great week, sir!
-Hammers

2 Likes