Twinkly Christmas Lights

In the ST app, go to the Automations section, click on the + in the upper right of the screen, choose add Routine, then click on the Discover tab at the top of the screen, scroll down to find custom smartapps. You may need to enable developer mode first which you can find in the following thread.

Look in capability group 1-3 when you go to add it to your instance of webcore.

ST app > your instance of webcore > settings > available devices > available devices > capability group 1-3

1 Like

I used this successfully last year and it was still working when I set my tree up in October (yeah I had a Halloween tree).

I started having problems around the first or 2nd week of November this year (2021). I think the problem is in the Twinkly side of things though. I have the exact same issue with Google Home which uses a Twinkly official account link. I even have problems with the Twinkly app if I’m not on my home network.

There was a firmware update around that time and I’m wondering if that’s really where the problem is.

1 Like

Wow… I don’t think I would have ever found that on my own lol Your instructions were perfect…

Also right on, I was able to add to “Which switches” within Capability Group 3. Thank you @jkp

I deleted the device I created manually and used the Twinkly Device Creator Smart App to create the device, but still same odd behavior. WebCoRE seems to have a 50/50 chance of turning on/off the tree. I haven’t tried connecting to Google Assistant.
Similar to @Sethaniel68, when I setup my tree this year it immediately had a firmware update… Another firmware update came down a few days ago (it’s now at version 2.8.3).

1 Like