Tuya Smart does it work?

Your Tuya Scenes will be under Capabilities Group 2 / refreshable devices in the WebCore selection screen

Thanks Paul. that works! so I now have two virtual buttons in SmartThings to control the $9 Tuya Garage door control. One button opens the door and the other button closes the door.

My next step is to make a single button just like the remote garage door controls. Actuating the virtual button will open the garage door if it is closed, or close the garage door if it is open. In order to do that I think I need to know whether the door is closed or open. The Tuya device does have a magnet position sensor to determine whether the door is in the closed position. I am not sure if that information can be made available in WC but I’m working on it.

Thanks for all your help,

Paul

Glad to hear it works. After you do one of these integrations future ones are easy.

One switch should work. Use switch “on” to trigger open and “off” to trigger close.

Got it! It works. Now I am more confident to write some more complex integrations.

Thanks again.

Paul

You are welcome.

When I tried to create the Automation within SmartThings the Offline scene brought across was not able to be selected as an action

Probably my poor description thats all, have you tried creating the automation within the smart lighting automations ?? They should show up when choosing a device

In my defence smartthings no longer shows which automations are connected to each device, remembering and tracking down created automations is a nightmare

You can use they in WebCore.

Great advice on Webcore, thank you. Never used it before but a quick bit of learning and your advice and now all those troublesome Smartlife devices are working using virtual switches.

1 Like

Hello to all,
I’m new here in the forum.
I was wondering if anyone had any luck with controlling a Air Conditioner thru Tuya Smart /Smartthings.
Mine (Fujitsu) is not showing up in St.

Glad it worked for you.

Did all steps and didn’t work.
I have Lohas bulbs linked to my Tuya app.

At what point did the integration fail?
Did you follow all the steps in post 13 above?

I just wanted to close out this development but for $9 I now have a working garage door opener using the Tuya device and webcore interfaced to SmartThings.
As instructed by @Paul_Oliver above, I generated a Tap-To-Run automation in the Tuya App and set it as a ‘Reverse Switch’. When you think about it, this is what a typical car or wall mounted garage door opener is. If the door is closed, you push it and it opens. If the door is open, you push it and it closes.

Then I imported that Tap-To-Run automation into SmartThings where I also created a virtual Garage Door switch.

Having done that I linked the virtual ST switch with the Tap-to-Run automation using WebCore. This is the code:

It works well. Now I just need to find out why I get three alerts from the Tuya app every time the garage door opens or closes. I may just suppress all alerts from Tuya and rely on ST for the alerts.

Thanks for all the help this group has been. Now onto more complex integrations.

Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul, I am a newbie and trying to follow the instructions provided to get a tuya plug to work as yours. When you mention “tuya scenes” are you referring to scenes created in the Smartthings app or are you referring to the “tap-to-run” task in the Tuya app?? Or am I missing something else?
I have included my syntax for clarity. The “with Bedside Light ON” i believe is referencing the “tap-to-run” tuya tasks flowing through to Smartthings.

It’s not working for me. :roll_eyes:
Thanks

You need to create 2 tap-to-run automations in Tuya. One for ON and one for OFF. These are sometimes referred to as scenes. These scenes have nothing to do with Smartthings other than they will get integrated with Smartthings. FYI, The 2 Chinese characters in the names translate into scenes.
The IF part of the piston is your Smartthings virtual or simulated switch.
The THEN parts of the pistons are your Tuya Tap-to-run (scenes).

1 Like

Many thanks. Got it working. Really appreciate it.

1 Like

I have used the approach approach described above to integrate an eeese dehumidifier; i.e. 2 tap-to-run Tuya automations, a simulated switch and a webCore piston for it which toggles the 2 linked Tuya “switches”. This allows me to turn it on or off.

However, is there a way to keep Smartthings in sync with the device/Tuya?
i.e. update the simulated switch if the dehumidifier is turned on or off with the physical buttons, turned off once the timer runs out (7 hours in laundry mode), or even if controlled directly in the Tuya app?

I can set up an automation in the Tuya app to send a message/notification if the device is turned on/off, but an unsure if there is a way to capture those events in Smartthings, webCore.

Thanks Mike, this was the easiest way to get my Tuya lights to work with SmartThings. No other 3rd party tools needed. Much appreciated.

This has been very helpful, thanks to all those that contributed to this thread so far.

Using

Just create a routine in ST with a virtual switch, works for me, no need for WC, your offline non connected Tuya options are available when creating a normal ST automation, just ignore the fact they say offline, if you want you can hide the Tuya devices showing offline in a room you create but don’t use, call it device holding or something that suits you, saves them being confused as usuable switches

IF Virtual garage door switch on
THEN tuya garage open

IF virtual garage door off
THEN tuya garage close

I am able to get my lights to turn on and off. Two things I would love to simulate, as well:

• The ability to set the dimmer
  • The ability to read the state of the physical switch (e.g. if I turn off the lights or change the dimmer physically, Smartthings picks that up)

Any idea if that is possible?