I’m very mad at Samsung. I spent almost $5,000 between 4 locations.
There is definitely some funny business going on when this app gets 4.4 stars. The only way I can figure is they tell there employees to sign on and give this horrible app 5 stars. This helps Samsung SmartThings buy making people think this is a wonderful app so then they download it and then they spend the money to buy their crappy devices (motions, multi sensors, plugs etc.).
I have the V3.0 hub and use idevices and I’ve been using SmartThings since Iris by Lowes shut down. I have been pleading with Samsung SmartThings since then to fix anything with their platform but they must think it’s perfect. They prefer not to perfect anything with their existing system and add more crap that doesn’t work with a crappy system already.
I’ve called in over 250 times to SmartThings and it’s basically my part time job dealing with this horrible company. I’m looking for a (different job) by the way if you know what I mean because I’ve had it with dealing with outages and slow responsive app and connected devices on all my systems. I’ve left feedback on the app site but I only get an irrelevant developer response - We regret the inconvenience; our team is constantly working on supporting many more use cases and devices. Could you send all the details of what you’re experiencing to our Customer Support by reporting a problem option from the app. What the hell do you think I’ve been doing for the past 2.5 year???Sickening!!!
See the list below of issues:
- Honeywell thermostat only shows what temperature and what state it’s in. You no longer have any control over changing the temperature or turning the fan on or off. Exception is if you have a WiFi thermostat then you have control over everything.
- The home monitor info line (above the arm buttons) indicate what sensors are open or what sensors have issues, tell me what sensors are having issues.
- You have to choose on and off times in smart lighting twice.
- First Alert smoke and carbon monoxide detector. I have it set up to send me a message when batteries are getting low say at 30% the batteries go dead at 79%.
- Filter setting for devices are not able to be set permanently. I think that’s why the batteries go dead so quickly after 5 months. This is a main reason I want to dump SmartThings.
- We want custom configurations. We don’t want to constantly fight with this app.
- This system has NO KEYPAD. Before you say well we do - the ADT one, you can’t have any more that that one keypad and it’s also your hub. This is the stupidest setup I have ever heard of. Who the hell designs a security system with no keypad no way to have multipal keypads you can have by any of your entry exit doors??? My mother uses a cane and can’t run from one end of the house to the other - if say an alarm is going off, she could fall…
- Multipurpose door sensors always update with temperatures battery goes dead every 5 months and cold makes the battery go dead even faster. Another reason I really need to get away from SmartThings batteries alone are costing me a fortune.
- Hassle to program anything, Lowes by Iris at least made a suggestion when it came time to save your automation.
- By the way, if you want to suspend one of your lighting automatons YOU CAN’T it’s have them all on or all off. Stupid!!
- No Smart-Care that was the reason I bought this in the first place but then Samsung go rid of Smart Care. My mother is elderly and I originally had it set up when it didn’t detect movement for 8 hours it would send me a text message. Of course this made sense so Samsung got rid of that also.
- Presents sensors battery only last 30 days. So these devises are worthless also, I’m not replacing $3.00 batteries every month. Stupid!
- Calling into support to explain any of these things is a waste of time. I might as well talk to my dog.
- Scenes - Home, night, away has limited function. You can’t even sent time limits to shut of what you have set to come on. Stupid!
15.The app it’s self takes 28 seconds to fully load before you can navigate and start turning on or of anything. Stupid!
- This is only scratching the surface of problems that plaque this system but I have life and don’t want to deal with “dumbThings” anymore.
I stayed with this SmartThings as long as did because I really thought they would get to fixing these in your face problems but your not sooooo, if anyone has a suggestion on how to move beyond Smartthings I’m all ears, I can’t take it anymore. Thanks!!!