Today ST made me look the fool :(

@rayzurbock
Brian, thanks for the post regarding the unschedule action. I’m not a coder but was able to get SmartAlarm up and running. It works great when I have entry the delay off, however, when the delay is on, my alarm never goes off. I think I need to add your code but am just note sure where? Would you be kind enough to share where you put the unschedule code?

Thanks.

@storageanarchy, adding you just in case it makes sense to add this code for all. Thanks again, this is very cool app.

// Activate alarm
if (!state.alarm) {
state.alarm = true
if (zone.alert || !state.entryDelay) {
activateAlarm()
} else {
runIn(state.entryDelay, activateAlarm)
}

You could set up a web-based dashboard. I realize in the situation you described you wouldn’t have had a device to access it but it does allow you to do what you asked: to change modes without any presence sensors and without the use of the ST app:

1 Like

@ChrisC Sorry, just now seeing your message.
Just go grab the latest version of the StatusBit SmartAlarm app, it has the Unschedule() code added in now.
https://github.com/statusbits/smartalarm

Delete your version, then follow the instructions on the site above to install the latest version, launch it on your mobile device and configure it.

There is currently an issue with SmartAlarm not disabling when the home mode changes from an away/stay mode to home mode. This is new due to the latest changes in SmartThings backend. Smart Security app is also having this issue. See here: Smart Security Failing with Unknown Error and Unsubscribing from events throws ObjectDeletedException