Timer on switch after Mode change?

Hi,
I have a switch (controllin the espresso maker) that turns on when the “Good Morning” Routine is triggered, switch from “NIght” mode to “Home” Mode. Unfortunately I can’t find a way to automatically turn it off after x minutes.

I read on the forum about a “Power Allowance” Smart app that should have also the ON time parameter, but I can’t find it in the marketplace. Has it been removed?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks guys!

-UPDATE-
Currently testing Toggle-Me https://goo.gl/N1zTeq by ERIC

Marketplace -> Lights &Switches -> Power Allowance

Set up a rule that turns your Espresso switch off X minutes after Espresso switch turns on.

1 Like

Ok, now I understand what you are doing…

1. Install Trigger My Lights.

2. Select your coffee makers switch in the switches field.

3. Enter the number of minutes you want it to turn off after, make sure “Turn Off After” is set to “On”.

4. Select “When Routine is Executed” and pick “Good Morning”.

2 Likes

Thanks so much.
I did exactly like that, except that I had to wrote the routine instead of picking it.
I have also added the same switch under “switches” to set the timer for every time the switch is turned on.

I’ll let you know if it works soon.

Thanks, I tried, but I don’t see it in the list. Weird…

Doesn’t see what?

I was replying to Destructure, I can’t see that smartapp.

I tried your SmartApp but I couln’t manage to make it work.
Am I missing something?
I selected the switch that I want to switch off after x minutes, and then the same switch (see image) as trigger for the samrt app.

Are you on the correct tab of the marketplace? It’s an official smart app so it should be there. There’s a Things tab and a Smart Apps tab, they look nearly identical. Be sure you are on the Smart Apps tab before you go into the Lights & Switches section, then it’s the 4th one down in the list.

When you tap Lights & Switches you should see this list. It’s the 4th one in the list.

Let me make sure I understand.

You want to make sure that when that anytime that switch is turned on, it automatically turns off after X minutes? And you are turning the switch on with a routine?

That’s my understanding. If he can find the Power Allowance smart app it’s really the simplest way. Only two fields to fill in, the switch name and how long to leave it on.

Yes, but also manually to test it.

Yes absolutely, and I notice that I don’t have the “Double Tap” smartapp as welll…
I have a UK ST hub, do you have the sames or the US one? I’m guessing it’s something related to the region.

Could I find somwhere the code of the Power Allowance smartapp to recreate it as a custom one?

Try this app…

https://github.com/ericvitale/ST-Turn-Me-Off-After/blob/master/smartapps/ericvitale/turn-me-off-after.src/turn-me-off-after.groovy

1 Like

Interesting.

I just googled “power Allowance GitHub” and this came up, looks like it might be the code for Power Allowance from the ST GitHub account.

1 Like

Just Perfrct, it works!

Thanks so much!

1 Like

I tried it and it works as well, thank you!

Of course the best solution for this request and any other amazing thing you are trying to do will be to use CoRE

I think there was even a useless app around. Does the same thing… Turns the switch off when you turn it on, and I think it had a timer too. Hilarious app :wink:

Careful you might be in trouble if somebody turns on a light in the middle of the night and the light turns off and the person steps on the cat!!!

:smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Forget about the cat, how about @bamarayne’s black hole?

1 Like