Time frame: Between xx:xx - xx-xx (time)

Hi guys,

I’m trying to figure out how to do the following:

When mode is set to AWAY and I come home between 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM, action turn on hallway lights.

I managed to create the rule, however there is no way to set a time frame (between 6pm and 6am)

How can I do this?

check out rule machine

You can also use Smart Lighting. Set up the app to turn on the lights when you come home, and under “More options”, there are options to only run when mode is and only run certain times of day. That should also do what you want. Though, Rule Machine is a great option too.

Hi this only gives me a “At a specific time of day” option, not a between these hours. I need it to only work between 6pm and 6am

As you’re creating the smart app, just choose “Arrival/Departure”. Once you have, “More options” will appear at the bottom. Tap the + next to it to expand it, and once you have, the first option you’ll see is “Only during a certain time”. That should be what you’re wanting.

I use this to keep my living room lights from coming on when I come home during the day. They only come on if I come home between 5:00pm and 2:00am. Works great for me.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much. I found it. Ill test it out with the virtual presence censor later tonight and let you know if it worked.

Thanks. It works!!!

1 Like