Time based events failing?

Well, definitely not fixed!!! :rage:

I noticed lights were coming on when mode should have been set to daytime. It wasnt. Still set to Night. Noticed that the app Magichome did not run. Scheduled Job could not be deleted so I uninstalled an re-installed the app. The first Scheduled job was “CheckSun”. FAIL!!! Stuck in the past.

When it comes to tinkering with this HA stuff I am usually pretty patient. I like ST because it does involve more than the usual amount of tweaks. But this… This is not only insane but stupid. The scheduler fails and we the user have to manually reset each app to ensure past jobs are deleted and new (future) jobs are re-queued. When I take these steps I do so without knowing whether the scheduler is back up and running.

Is it really that hard for them to flush out old stuck scheduled jobs once they get the scheduler back up and running??

This may be related to the issue that I have a ticket open for whereby after the Good Morning routine is triggered, the mode shown in the iOS app at least is still “Night” instead of “Home” till you kill your app and restart.

I actually would be ok doing the work that an automated cleanup script should be doing ->ONCE. However since there is a total lack of communication on the status of this issue I keep doing that hoping that it will be finally fixed.

ST is taking a bad problem and making it horrible by not acknowledging / communicating. The classic example of this is the Tylenol poisoning scare of the 90s. That could have killed their brand, but J&J got in front of it and THEY controlled the messaging and were seen by customers as being trustworthy. ST read the case study to learn how to handle a crisis.

2 Likes

This is exactly correct. Always get in front of an issue and control the message. This is PR 101.

1 Like

My mode changes are made via the MagicHome" app. The log shows that this app never ran as old jobs are stuck in the past. Re-installing the app didnt help as the “new” job submitted never runs and soon becomes the past.

So I thought the Sunrise/Sunset is ran according to the Weather Station, but my Weather Station is stuck on waiting, while my morning routine fired. My Sunrise should be 7:34 AM. My Morning Routine has an offset of -30…Strange, isn’t it? My routine ran right on the money, but NOT using my Weather Station, obviously. :four_leaf_clover:

Good Morning Routine:

The Weather Station

stumped. :wink: 20 chars.

Today my good morning fired, but my “bus is coming in 5 minutes” warning didn’t. One kid almost missed the bus. I guess we got too used to it working every day.

I’m just going to leave it stuck in the past so that I can see if they fix it and so that I have no expectation of it actually firing. If it does, then it will be a bonus.

2 Likes

If you are on an Android you can use Sharptools/Tasker to schedule polling and refreshing of devices including the weather tile.

1 Like

Is it just me or do the usual ST staff forum members fall off the face of the earth when these problems occur? Havent seen one of them on this forum for days/weeks.

1 Like

Interesting, yes I do. Thanks for that tip.

Tim Slagle is taking the heat. He pops in and out, but my guess is that they have no fix or they have it and will be released soon.

1 Like

I’m definitely still having issues. Changing the time on my “Staying Home” routine did not help.

1 Like

Arrrrgggghhhh Printscreen taken at 10:05 AM

Please take this with a grain of salt, but one of the threads somewhere quoted a support person saying they were running a script this morning to clean up “issues” and that AFTER the script ran, you would have to reset some things.

I would guess that the script kills a scheduling process and restarts it, and that anyone’s schedule that’s running in between the start and end of that script is “lost”.

Total speculation, because as we all know there is not a lot of communication going on right now. I know they are struggling, but it would be nice to get a status notification about these things. This feels widespread and worthy of a status page update.

My guess is they don’t have a fix or else they would have said something. I wish they just come out and let us know of the issue so that users don’t have to jump thru hoops to try and get things working.

3 Likes

Going into apps and changing running time then saving didn’t do anything for me. I am waiting for people to leave the house, so I can do a full reboot on the hub…Will screenshot back the results :smile:

People may leave the house, but poltergeists don’t! Don’t be stuck alone fighting them. As such when the poltergeists turn on/off your lights, open your smart locks, garage doors… they are just tying to help…:wink:

1 Like

I am waiting for them to leave, to limit the number of zigbee devices I will need to power cycle when the hub comes back. Although, they are not going to take my cat with them, so chances are some of the motion sensors will be active and I will need to take the batteries out…What else can I do while I am on this boring meeting at work…

1 Like

I am going to wait it out till Saturday night when we fall back one hour… :wink: