Thermostats

Which thermostats “actually work” with SmartThings? I have tried searching the forums but there is no advanced search, making searching the forums here a pain. I have a Trane TZEMT400BB3NX connected to my SmartThings and everything works except I can’t turn the temp up and down (which would be the main benefit of having a remotely controlled thermostat). I’ve look at the 2Gig CT100 and it appears to have the same issues based on some some reviews I read. I’m looking for a thermostat that has at least a 5-2 schedule, can be turned off/on remotely and the temp can be turned up/down remotely. Does such an animal exist?

Hey @remme,

You can find the list of officially support devices here:
http://build.smartthings.com/compatible-devices/

There are four thermostats on the list, but it does not look like yours is there. There is a TZ45 there… which is sorta similar to your model number, so it might still be supported at least unofficially.

Question: Which phone OS are you using? If you’re using Android, it was only a relatively recent update (a couple of weeks ago) that provided sliders to change the temp with a thermostat. If you’re using Android, do you have the latest update for the SmartThings App? I think version 1.2 is the current version. Double check that before investing in another thermostat.

I’m looking for a thermostat that has at least a 5-2 schedule, can be turned off/on remotely and the temp can be turned up/down remotely. Does such an animal exist?

I have the Honeywell listed in the official list and it can do all of this… I think. You can definitely program by day (I think either 5-2, or each day separately, your choice). I can be turned on/off remotely from your phone. The only thing I haven’t actually tried is changing the temp. Since the new Android update we haven’t run either Air or Heat so haven’t really had an opportunity to test anything.

That said, the Honeywell has been on the list of supported devices since the list first came out so I would suspect it would be the most compatible.

I have the Honeywell as well. Everything works just fine with iOS app including changing the temperature. I am using the “Keep me cozy 2” smart app to use a separate temperature sensor to control the thermostat and it is also working well.

I have the radio thermostat cm50. I had to go through 2 zwave usnap modules. But I’ve had it working almost flawlessly for a few days now. Keep me cozy app does not work. But I can manually control everything on it. I have been using the make it so app to control temperature when I leave and arrive.

Sorr6 typo 3m-50

There are four thermostats on the list, but it does not look like yours is there. There is a TZ45 there… which is sorta similar to your model number, so it might still be supported at least unofficially.

Note that the TZ45 is a thermostat by RCS Technology. They make thermostats for many OEMs. Trane being one of them. So the Trane TZEMT400… and TZEMT500… are both RCS stats that are based around the TZ45 hardware. Differences being menu layouts, graphics and other minor programming items depending on what the OEM wants.

This information was gathered from a phone call to RCS today. Bruce called me back from there and I learned a lot.

I just installed a TZEMT500… It was not really easy to Include to ST, but it’s now there. I have some issues and will being a new thread on that.

Jim

I have the 2Gig OEMed to Lowes Iris. It works great and I can change the temp directly on the Android App. Just wired it up, included it and was ready to go! 99.00 at Lowes

I use this cheap z-wave thermostat CT-22 I bought form ebay for $40. Price was too good to be true and it wasn’t listed as supported device but I bought it anyway and it works fine, surprisingly so considering its price. I let modes drive the heating mostly but I can still manually change temperature in app. Still think it’s ugly looking but that is mostly the case other than Nest :slight_smile:

Sorry I’m not understanding. Did you get the 3M-50 to work but the smart things app or no?