Thermosat Heating Setpoint in cloud-cloud app connector

thermostat

(Tony Gutierrez) #1

I’m developing a cloud to cloud connector for a heating device. My thermostat heating setpoint capability seems to have some unknown maximum value. For example if I send it an event to set it to 98, it does, but the plus sign is now grayed out and it will not send 99 when plus is hit.

I need values up to ~130. I could also use better control of the increments. Is there anything that I can do? The cloud device profile interface in the developer workspace does not show any advanced options at all.

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #2

I think the DTH has a max value of 99, you may need a custom DTH

(Tony Gutierrez) #3

Any idea how to make one? There is absolutely 0 options in the workspace: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yil578njyeliovv/Screenshot%202018-05-17%2017.26.53.png?dl=0

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #4

The new SmartThings API’s are only for SmartApps and not DTH’s. You’ll have to come back to the classic good ol groovy environment to make a custom DTH

Developer workspace should give the advanced option for this range setting. Thank you for let us know this. Developer workspace will support this feature in one and half month. Meantime I would like to support your device to set the range for the temperature. Can you please send your VID which you wrote when you create cloud-to-cloud device in developer workspace to here? Also please send the range(min and max value) of the temperature as well.