The End of Groovy Has Arrived

(g) The IDE will eventually also disappear and the only way one will be able to manage device/device settings, will be via the Apple or Android apps.

I think most of your a) to f) is correct: hopefully others will chime in if not.

On g), there is a programmer’s tool, the CLI (command line interface) which you have to download onto a pc and then you can write queries to get some device information, like network ID. I haven’t used it myself because I only have a tablet, no laptop, and because it’s obviously going to be awful to use with a voice reader. (I’m quadriparetic.) But there are community members using it now who can answer more questions.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo has written a detailed post on how to setup the CLI.

Edge Driver or Device Handeler for a TUYA (Zemismart) Zigbee plug with energy mesurment capabilities - #18 by Mariano_Colmenarejo

Otherwise the only documentation I know of is in the developer preview GitHub, but maybe there’s more elsewhere, I haven’t looked. :thinking: Like many people, I’m hoping ST will eventually release a web interface with IDE-like information for the new architecture. But no promises.

Tagging @orangebucket @nayelyz in case there’s a documentation link for the CLI that I’ve missed.

2 Likes