Temperature Sensor to send alerts to multiple addresses

Hello. I’m totally new to Smart Things, but just bought some combo smoke + CO detectors and am learning about the technology. I’d like to find a temperature sensor that I can set up which will send an alert (email, text, etc.) to multiple addresses/phone numbers if the temperature drops bow a certain threshold. Suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome! :sunglasses:

First, just to make sure we’re all on the same page, this forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. And in that context, any temperature sensor that works with your SmartThings account can be set up to send those kind of notifications. But it would probably require also having a Samsung SmartThings hub, and it might also require an additional third-party app depending on the exact details of what you want to do.

This is a very popular forum, so it often comes up near the top of general Google searches, but it’s not a general Home automation forum.

If you’re not interested in getting into the Samsung system, reddit has a good subforum on home automation which is brand agnostic, so you might prefer to ask your question there.

If you do already have a Samsung smartthings hub, then we need to know what country you are in, which model hub you have, And what type of phone you have , as the options do vary somewhat. :thinking:

Hi, thanks for the response. As mentioned, I’m new to Smart Things, but interested in getting started. Just moved to a new home and installed some combo smoke + CO detectors that are Z wave capable. I was looking at the 2018 Samsung Hub (https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/smartthings/hubs/samsung-smartthings-hub--2018--gp-u999sjvlgda/) for the Hub, but open to other suggestions.

I live in the US and have a Samsung S7 phone. Thanks!

1 Like

You may be able to do that with the build in Automation tool, but if not you can check out this app which allows to send custom messages for various events (including smoke detectors) and also send SMS’s to multiple numbers:

1 Like