TBK Dual Dimmer--setting associations?

Hi, I am new to this whole world - Hoping that someone can help me.

I have a TBK home TZ35D Z-Wave dual wall dimmer 2 paddle switch. It is a wired switch. It was easy to switch out and the main paddle (left side) controls the wired in light. This worked out of the box and was great :slight_smile:

The right paddle is for associations. I would like to add another lamp I have plugged in to this button. I am not able to get the second button to show up in the ST app.

Does any one have experience or tips here? Thanks! :slight_smile:

Welcome!

This used to be difficult to set up, but now is pretty straightforward thanks to some excellent work by a community member who created a special device type handler called “the Z wave tweaker.”

What you are going to do is temporarily assign your switch to the Z wave tweaker, then set all the associations so that you can get Control over tapping the top of the right switch, tapping the bottom of the right switch, double tapping the top of the right switch, etc.

Then once all the associations are set up, you will switch back to the regular DTH and everything should work fine.

If you haven’t worked with custom code before, start with the following FAQ (this is a clickable link) and it will explain the basic idea

To get the code for the tweaker, see the following thread:

And to find out which association groups go with which tap patterns, see the manual for the device:

If all of that sounds great but you don’t really know how to do any of it, there will be lots of people who will be happy to help you. I myself I’m not feeling very well today, so I’m just going to leave this here. But you should definitely be able to do it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Super! Thank you SO much for the help and step-by-step links!

I am going to bunker in and see what I can manage :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am having issues with this part. Is there a good guide for it?

I have installed tweaker. I am using webcore to add more lights to the wired button (worked great). But I am not able to get the second button to show up - which I guess is the associations part.

Or the switch I have is just dead in one side :confused:

The associations part is what will set the functions for the second button. I suggest you ask your association questions in the tweaker thread and people there should be able to help you. :sunglasses:

Just make sure to give them the link to the product manual that I gave you above, as they will need that to know which associations need to be set.

1 Like

Super! Thank you :slight_smile:

Fonda, Did you ever get the second switch working, I have been trying with one I have but without success.