I’m new to Sylvania Lightify Bulbs. I’m currently using Philips Hue & Lifx bulbs at my home in the living & bedrooms. My Hue is Gen 3 A19 starter kit and Lifx is Gen 2 bulbs. I’m using this bulbs with my google home & echo dot.
I’m planning to buy few tunable & full spectrum Sylvania Lightify A19 & BR30 Bulbs. I’m mainly interested in these due to their cost when compared to Lifx & Hue bulbs so i can automate the remaining rooms in my home I have read online about these bulbs and having few questions.
- What’s the best practice to use Sylvania Lightify Bulbs with ST ? Should we use these with a gateway or can be added directly to ST Hub? I’ve been reading in some forums that adding these bulbs directly to ST causes some interference with other zigbee devices?
- Is a Sylvania Lightify gateway required to avoid any issues or interference with Hue bulbs ?
- How about any new firmware updates to the bulbs?
- I also read about ZLL & ZHA repeater. What’s the best way to add these bulbs with ST? I’m from US & got all my Hue/Lifx bulbs from US only.
- If the bulbs are added directly to ST, can the bulbs be controlled by Alexa or Google Home? I think Yes thru ST. But need to confirm.
- Howz the Sylvania Lightify color bulbs perform when compared to Hue Gen 2/3 bulbs ?
Thanks for your time.