Switch for roll up storm shutters?

I have 2 roll down hurricane shutters that operate off of a normal looking decora rocker “light switch.” If you push the top of the switch, the shutters roll up. The center of the rocker is off and so on. I must hold the switch to keep it moving. If I release, the shutter stops and stays in that position. They take about 30 seconds to open or close so it would need to stay pressed for that long. The motor shuts off at the top and bottom limits so there isn’t a concern about too long of a press.
I have a switch for each shutter and they are wired with 14 gauge romex.
We use these shutters frequently to keep our lanai dry from rain but Florida weather is a little unpredictable. I have a bunch of the linear light switches installed and was wondering if a 110 volt on-off-on decora rocker switch is available and if it was possible to have a 30 second button press?
Thanks
Ben

Anyone know if the aeon micro motor switch would accomplish this?

I took an amp reading. It is 5 amps on the switch. Any ideas?

It has been a year. Does anyone have any input on how I can accomplish this?
Thanks
Ben

I just installed ST at my parents place in FL. This was one of their requests. I’m interested as well in if there is a solution to this.

There are 2 styles of shutter switches. An older style is called stationary; where push button and stays in up or down position ~ shutter rolls up or down til reaches limit then stops however power is still going to the motor.

The 2nd style, and newer, is called a momentary switch. You have to hold switch in up or down position the whole time until shutter reaches limit. When you let off the switch it automatically goes back to the middle or neutral position as a safety precaution ~ these became very popular after Irma as people left switches in up or down position then when power came back in their switch or motor blew out.

Both styles are available from any shutter company ~ you will not find at Lowe’s or Home Depot as a specialty item and different than normal light switch even though looks and operates in the same manner.

I hope this helps.
Bob ~ Shutter Motor Service. NAPLES FL

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings home automation system. So all discussions are within that context.

If you know of a specific model which would work with the Samsung SmartThings platform, please let us know. But people are not asking just general switch questions here.