Support of OTA firmware updates for Z-Wave / Z-Wave Plus devices

Centralite 3210-L (This is z-wave AND Zigbee) ([RELEASE] Iris Smart Plug (3210-L) Zigbee Plug with Z-wave Repeater)
IRIS Garage Door opener (https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Garage-Door-Controller-GD00Z-1/dp/B01MTSXW4C)

aeotec nanoā€™s i just installed didnā€™t work correctly at all until i updated with the latest firmware. They seem very willing to work with consumers and have some nice products so OTA would be awesome instead of carrying around a z stick and adding removing like 6 times, especially for in electrical box units.

3 Likes

Please link to these updates for the Leviton Z-Wave plus dimmers/switches, because I cannot find anything other then updates to their WiFi versions.

1 Like

Iā€™m not aware of any link. Leviton support told me that there had been a firmware update but that it was only available through their professional installer channel. I donā€™t know any more than that.

Well that is an issue if there is no way to get this update. Yet they sell these switches in a retail store but do not provide any support.

1 Like

@Kianoosh_Karami
Off topic, but for the love of all things, can you make a ā€œbackup/restoreā€ hub configuration capibility. With the depth and complexity of my hardware, and the insanely deep automations Iā€™m running with WebCoRE, if my hub went down, I think Iā€™d tear my house down rather than get a new hub and start over.

There is no ā€œmajorā€ item that I think is more important/beneficial feature to ALL ST users universally.

12 Likes

any update on this?

I donā€™t mind paying $50 to get the homeseer stick.
But Iā€™m not sure where I would get the firmware files for the Leviton DZ6HD switches.
Is there just no way at all to update the DZ6HD firmwares?

Hello,
Please insert Fibaro double switch
FGS 223

https://manuals.fibaro.com/switch-2/

Thanks

It seems to me that a lot of people need this, myself included. Is there any indication as to how close (knowing that dates change) support is to adding this function in a future release?

1 Like

Please just add all the Fibaro devices honestly having issues with the Fibaro RGBW controller and tried everything from re-coding the handler to opening up the device and seeing if I can dump the firmware onto the memory.

Fibaro devices

Aeotec Siren

Fibaro please :slight_smile: some news about firmware upgrade feature ?

Had so many of the Leviton dimmers doing the odd ā€œnot shutting off with the down paddle but have to use the dimmer down buttonā€ as well as not reporting ā€œoffā€ at times, I broke down and got a Homeseer SmartStick+. Had some difficulty with adding it with a correct DTH (my fault), but I did manage to update 2 dimmers and 4 switches on 1.20 code last night. Going to see if I can get all my Z-Wave up to date and report my results.

4 Likes

This is very interesting. I would like to learn more. Iā€™ve not been able to get any firmware updates from Leviton. How were you able to get it from them? I have the same issues with them dropping off line, not showing status properly and having to use the dimmer lever to turn lights off.

Homeseer includes them with the stick. Yeah, I begged Leviton, too. There are actually a few firmwares that they include with the stick.

2 Likes

With the stick, or with the zflash software?

I purchased the stick with the software for about $50 USD and it included it. I know you can purchase just the stick but it does not include the software license, so I guess that is part of the software license. It has a few other devices that are not Homeseer so it seemed like a great way to get these annoying little bugs fixed on my dimmers faster than waiting for Samsung to program OTA Z-Wave updates.

3 Likes

OMG you are the best!

Earlier this year I tried to find out if they had given the firmware to any other company to distribute and looked into HomeSeer too but was not able to find any mention of Leviton firmware updatesā€¦ How did you find out the HomeSeer stick included the firmware for Leviton devices?

My dimmers are on 1.13 and switches on 1.15 so I think Iā€™ll bite and get the stick tooā€¦ Do you have any remotes? It would be awesome if the new firmware fixes the problem of the switch not reporting status update to the Hub when manually turned on/off from the remoteā€¦

@Kianoosh_Karami you see? This is what I was saying, if Leviton gave the firmware to HomeSeer Iā€™m sure they can give it to SmartThings too, companies just donā€™t want to distribute ther IP directly to end user without any protectionā€¦ This is in my opinion a huge shortsightness from whomever designed the Z-Wave protocol but it is what it isā€¦ Any update in baking this in and asking other companies for firmware updates?

@kahilzinger please keep us posted on your experience with the new firmwareā€¦

The user guide linked to from the sales page for the Homeseer zflash utility has a list of currently included files:

http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Flash/static/#.firmware_included_with_z_flash

4 Likes