Suggestion for SmartThing with Family Hub refrigerator that has AI Food recognition

Right now the AI Food recognition on my RF23A9771SG isn’t all that great. Tizen 6. I put in a bunch of stuff that are in jars or cans with their original manufacture label facing the camera and it can’t detect anything. Having to manually add them is also a pain in the butt because it’s not very user friendly and I don’t understand why you can’t do it from the SmartThing app on the phone either.

I hope there are some Samsung employees or SmartThing developers. Here is one thing I thought might help the process. Having the SmartThing app on the phone to allow you to “scan” either the bar code/QR Code as well take a picture of a product and naming it give the option to put the expiry date as well before you put it in the refrigerator. It’s not as “easy” as using the AI Food recognition but it is a whole lot useful

1 Like

Food recognition is hilariously terrible. My favorites thus far is a bottle of a very popular beer (label in view) being called “baby food”.

1 Like