Suddenly missingpropertyexception on configuration report?

All of the sudden this afternoon on a device that has been working perfectly, when I get a return for a configuration get, I get an error. This is only on a secure device (I only have one).

This is the return I get:
description: zw device: B7, command: 9881, payload: 00 70 06 01 01 00 00 00 00

Then it parses to this:
SecurityMessageEncapsulation(commandByte: [1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0], commandClassIdentifier: 112, commandIdentifier: 6, reserved13: 0, secondFrame: false, sequenceCounter: 0, sequenced: false)

But then I get this:
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class:
physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationReport
Possible solutions: CMD @ line 322

Other functions seem to be working okay but all of the sudden the configuration report blew up. I thought maybe I had messed something up, but I pulled on old save of the device handler just to be sure and got the same error. Am I the only one seeing this and, if so, how can I fix it?

Just for clarity, this is the parse and config report sections:

def parse(String description) {
	def result = []
	def cmd
	if (description.startsWith("Err 106")) {
		state.sec = 0
		result = createEvent( name: "secureInclusion", value: "failed", eventType: "ALERT",
				descriptionText: "This sensor failed to complete the network security key exchange. If you are unable to control it via SmartThings, you must remove it from your network and add it again.")
	} else if (description.startsWith("Err")) {
		result = createEvent(descriptionText: "$device.displayName $description", isStateChange: true)
	} else {
		cmd = zwave.parse(description, commandClassVersions)
		if (cmd) {
			result = zwaveEvent(cmd)
		}
	}
	if (result instanceof List) {
		result = result.flatten()
	}
	log.debug "Parsed '$description' to $result"
	return result
}

def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationReport cmd) {
	log.debug "in Config Report"
}

Iā€™m seeing the same error for ConfigurationReports.

Additionally, Iā€™m also seeing errors parsing VersionReports:

error parse(): Could not parse raw message: zw device: 0C, command: 5601, payload: 32 02 21 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 EA
warn Exception 'org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '[5, 234]' with class 'java.util.ArrayList$SubList' to class 'java.lang.Integer'' encountered parsing 'cmd: 5601, payload: 32 02 21 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 EA'
trace parse(): Parsing raw message: zw device: 0C, command: 5601, payload: 32 02 21 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 EA

These all started happening 4-5 hours ago.

I suspect there has been some kind of zwave library update which has messed everything up.

@duncan, any ideas?

Additionally, Iā€™m also seeing errors parsing Crc16Encap commands too:

Exception 'org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '[238, 26]' with class 'java.util.ArrayList$SubList' to class 'java.lang.Integer'' encountered parsing 'cmd: 5601, payload: 32 02 21 44 00 00 00 05 00 00 EE 1A'

My IDE is awash with errors and warnings right now! :scream:

So is mine. My fibaro sensors are misbehaving. I canā€™t get one to sync.

Exception ā€˜org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ā€˜[166, 219]ā€™ with class ā€˜java.util.ArrayList$SubListā€™ to class ā€˜java.lang.Integerā€™ā€™ encountered parsing ā€˜cmd: 5601, payload: 31 05 03 0A 00 0A A6 DBā€™

Iā€™ve dropped an email to both the UK and US support teams. I recommend you all do the same.

Iā€™m getting the cast exception error on all my zwave sensorsā€¦

Yes, my RBoy Universal Lock DTH is getting the same errors. I thought it was something I didā€¦ but looks like Iā€™m innocent. I had restarted my Hub a few times yesterdayā€¦ not sure if that triggered the issue. Today I tried a zwave network repair, removing/reinstalling the devices, restarting the hub a few more times, etc., etc. Still get this in my log:

error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: cmd for class: physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport

Exactly same error as me.

@tslagle13 - Any thoughts/guidance/suggestions here? Was there an errant push or did something just go bonkers?

I sent an email to ST support and referenced this discussion, but I donā€™t know how they will respond. I also sent an email to RBoyApps support so they might put some pressure on ST . Now I contemplate how I wasted my day tearing apart my smart home configuration trying to fix an issue that was beyond my control. :weary:

1 Like

From the chat session I had, it sounds like they are aware. They are ā€œnoticing some issues with some device handlersā€. Hopefully theyā€™ll address soon.

1 Like

Nothing showing here yetā€¦ http://status.smartthings.com

Yes, there were two Z-Wave library regressions accidentally released. Sorry about this.

For ConfigurationReport, if you donā€™t try to convert the object to a string or call scaledConfigurationValue, it should still work.

For CRC16Encap, parsing is broken. This breaks reports from some Fibaro sensors.

Both have been fixed but Iā€™m not sure when the deploy will be. Possibly not until Monday.

1 Like

@duncan - Configuration report just flat out errors on the call to handle it. I took all processing out of my code and strictly the passing of ā€œcmdā€ to the configurationreport handler throws an error (see my second post in this thread). You canā€™t do anything with it at all.

Thanks for the update @duncan. I guessed it was to do with a z-wave library update.

However, this has broken half my house!! Are you seriously saying we have to wait till next week for this to be fixed!!! :scream: Thatā€™s crazy! Surely, whatever was accidentally released today, it should be possible to back-out within a few hours!!!

PS: if the ā€˜fixā€™ is not deployed to all users in production, then itā€™s not fixed! Also, thereā€™s more than two problems: Iā€™ve found issues with ConfigurationReports, CRC16Encap, and VersionReports so farā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s worse than that, I have a constant stream of these
3:45:20 PM: warn Exception ā€˜org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ā€˜[164, 203]ā€™ with class ā€˜java.util.ArrayList$SubListā€™ to class ā€˜java.lang.Integerā€™ā€™ encountered parsing 'cmd: 5601, payload: 31 05 03 0A 00 1B A4

And yes, apps reliant on these devices are failing to fireā€¦

Well, you know, the fix has to go through the same thorough change control process that let this slip through. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Being somewhat familiar with ITIL: The RFC that caused this should have had a foolproof rollback procedure that can be implemented should the change fail or cause unexpected issues. That rollback procedure needs to be implemented, sharpish! :astonished:

2 Likes

Technically speaking, isnā€™t this a safety and security issue on a pretty large scale?

Yes, but only if you were silly enough to trust st to that extentā€¦