Suddenly missingpropertyexception on configuration report?

Well at least it’s a reported incident on the status page…oh…whoops. Never mind.

This is really disappointing.

3 Likes

The word on slack is they are working on pushing a hot fix, no eta, but doesn’t sound like next week at least…
My setup is pretty much fubard, every zwave sensor is ganked…

1 Like

@zcapr17 - FWIW, I think it is only 2 things like Duncan said. If you look back, you’ll see only configuration report and commands using CRC16Encap are broken. A normal version report works fine.

That being said…you make what sounds like an unplanned code drop in the middle of the day and then can’t back it out for a week?? If my group did that, we’d be on monster.com right afterwards…

1 Like

I’m really disappointed there hasn’t been an official status update relating to this issue.
I spent hours last night fiddling with one of my fiboro sensors which stopped triggering a CoRE piston. Tried re-pairing, updating Handler etc. The IDE wasn’t logging any events from it.
Thought the sensor might be faulty (I have other fibaro sensors that appear to be still doing their job, touch wood). I almost chucked the thing away with a view to ordering a replacement)
Now seeing IDE errors on another zwave device (a devolo wall switch).

Isn’t this a major issue that warrants a mention on the ST Status page?

1 Like

I would say so… but it appears the SmartThings Status page is more of a marketing tool :worried:

@duncan A week before it is fixed! This can’t be real. Poor planning becomes everyone problem Way to go ST. And nothing reported on the status page. Spent several hours trying to figure out what was going on. Stock value was riding high for a while but just tanked.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it at least show some “We care” if there was an announcement in the forums? The radio silence on this is unreal…

We’re working on getting a hotfix released.

I didn’t mean to suggest that the prod deploy was unplanned. I didn’t notice that a change to CRC16 was part of it so it didn’t get tested properly. I’m very sorry, and we’re going to change how updates to the Z-Wave library are managed.

3 Likes

Thanks @duncan - appreciate you coming here and sharing with us. Hopefully you guys can get that hotfix for the config report and crc16 turned around quickly.

@duncan and what’s your advice for us to do now for devices that aren’t responding anymore? Do we just wait and not do anything and they will start working again by themselves?

1 Like

I second that. Got my brand new Fibaro Motion Sensor yesterday and after spending hours trying to get it to work someone here pointed out at this issue.

They will start working again when the fix is released. Which devices are not responding? I only have one Fibaro motion sensor, and it is reporting motion fine, just not illuminance or temperature:

11:47:59 AM: debug Parse returned [[value:active, name:motion, descriptionText:Fibaro Motion Sensor detected motion, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Fibaro Motion Sensor]]
11:47:59 AM: warn Exception ‘org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘[209, 203]’ with class ‘java.util.ArrayList$SubList’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5601, payload: 30 03 FF D1 CB’
11:47:50 AM: debug Parse returned [[value:inactive, name:motion, descriptionText:Fibaro Motion Sensor motion has stopped, isStateChange:true, displayed:true, linkText:Fibaro Motion Sensor]]
11:47:50 AM: warn Exception ‘org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘[207, 59]’ with class ‘java.util.ArrayList$SubList’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5601, payload: 30 03 00 CF 3B’
11:45:13 AM: warn Exception ‘org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘[82, 244]’ with class ‘java.util.ArrayList$SubList’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5601, payload: 9C 02 7E 00 00 00 00 52 F4’
11:44:42 AM: warn Exception ‘org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘[183, 10]’ with class ‘java.util.ArrayList$SubList’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5601, payload: 9C 02 7E 00 BE 00 00 B7 0A’

Mine too. Reports motion correctly but not LUX and Temp.

I have 5 of the original units, and none of them are reporting squat ie no motion, temp or lux…
Also, none are using the stock DTH if that matters…

If you’re using your own DTH you could put this in parse() before the call to zwave.parse as a workaround:

if (description.contains("command: 5601")) {
	    description = description.drop(description.indexOf("payload: ") + 9).replace(" ", "")
    }
2 Likes

I am having the same problem.

I have a Fibaro Door/Window sensor on my garden gate that stopped reporting open /close yesterday at 1700, it’s been used today many tines, and it still says “active” on the IDE, if it wasn’t for this thread, I would of started the process of turning on/off power, resetting it, and all pistons, but I don’t mind waiting if it will come back up by itself. I dare look at anything else.

Just checked my Fibaro sensor, it’s like yours, motion is reporting fine, temperature and lux stopped reporting yesterday, but I only use motion so not a huge issue for me. The Fibaro door/window sensor is kind of important though!

Unfortunately this is a big issue for me.
I use lux value for turning my lights on with motion so they only come on when it starts to get dark.
I have had to install the Weather 2 device and use the lux reading from that.
I also use lux for my lights when I’m away and nothing would have been firing. Not good enough.
Not impressed.
I spent 2 hours last night trying to get my 5 fibs to report.
No email notification of an incident. Nothing on the status web page.
So when is it going to be fixed.
“Next week” as a statement isn’t good enough.
So @duncan, more precise information please.

2 Likes

that worked, thanks for posting this.