StickNFind- Bluetooth Powered ultra small Location Stickers

(Brad) #1

Indiegogo has a new project with bluetooth 4.0 location “stickers”, would look like a good fit for smartthings…

http://www.indiegogo.com/sticknfind

(Chrisb) #2

Interesting idea, though I’m not sure it makes sense with SmartThings.  I can’t remember but I don’t know that the Hub has a bluetooth radio.  Furthermore,   I’m pretty sure that Bluetooth doesn’t work in a mesh network.  I suppose it could be uses as a presence FOB sort of thing, but SmartThings already has that.

(Donald Kirker) #3

Alternatively, you could have these location stickers, or NFC tags, work with the SmartThings app to trigger events. That is my goal.

(Darryl) #4

Equally as interesting: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blutracker-long-range-bluetooth-gps-tracker-with-no-monthly-fees-water-resistant

I personally like the idea for my dogs :slight_smile:

(Andrew Urman) #5

Thought I’d give an update. We have some in office and are looking into Bluetooth in general. I can’t give an ETA but we also got access to the Stick N Find SDK so we’re looking at it from multiple angles.

(Solardave1) #6

I want to stick me on my wife. We walk into the supermarket and she promptly vanishes.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #7

@solardave1: I’m sure you have a “man-cave” for personal time? I’m guessing that the supermarket might be a similar refuge for your spouse… LOL!

(Solardave1) #8

My presence sensor broke and the guts are somewhere or at least that’s what the hub says. My man cave looks like a mad scientist’s workbench - oh wait, it is.

Wifey gets found with my iPhone location function although I still like the thought of planting a NFC or BT sticker on her forehead. She keeps objecting to the hard hat with the strobe light on top.

(Im Brian) #9

I own two Stick’n’Find stickers. ST does not support bluetooth, so that’s one strike. The other problem is that Stick’n’Find require low-power BT4.0 which few devices actually have. To further complicate it, Stick’n’Find are notoriously bad - I’ve had mine for several months and not seen either work. Their support is pretty horrendous, too. My personal recommendation is to stay away from that company.