StickNFind- Bluetooth Powered ultra small Location Stickers

Indiegogo has a new project with bluetooth 4.0 location “stickers”, would look like a good fit for smartthings…

http://www.indiegogo.com/sticknfind

Interesting idea, though I’m not sure it makes sense with SmartThings.  I can’t remember but I don’t know that the Hub has a bluetooth radio.  Furthermore,   I’m pretty sure that Bluetooth doesn’t work in a mesh network.  I suppose it could be uses as a presence FOB sort of thing, but SmartThings already has that.

Alternatively, you could have these location stickers, or NFC tags, work with the SmartThings app to trigger events. That is my goal.

Equally as interesting: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blutracker-long-range-bluetooth-gps-tracker-with-no-monthly-fees-water-resistant

I personally like the idea for my dogs :slight_smile:

Thought I’d give an update. We have some in office and are looking into Bluetooth in general. I can’t give an ETA but we also got access to the Stick N Find SDK so we’re looking at it from multiple angles.

I want to stick me on my wife. We walk into the supermarket and she promptly vanishes.

@solardave1: I’m sure you have a “man-cave” for personal time? I’m guessing that the supermarket might be a similar refuge for your spouse… LOL!

My presence sensor broke and the guts are somewhere or at least that’s what the hub says. My man cave looks like a mad scientist’s workbench - oh wait, it is.

Wifey gets found with my iPhone location function although I still like the thought of planting a NFC or BT sticker on her forehead. She keeps objecting to the hard hat with the strobe light on top.

I own two Stick’n’Find stickers. ST does not support bluetooth, so that’s one strike. The other problem is that Stick’n’Find require low-power BT4.0 which few devices actually have. To further complicate it, Stick’n’Find are notoriously bad - I’ve had mine for several months and not seen either work. Their support is pretty horrendous, too. My personal recommendation is to stay away from that company.