Has anyone tried this Iris plug?

Buying 4 at this price point, then using one of the Lowes coupons available on this website makes the price pretty good. Has anyone tried these with the smarthings hub? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-4-Pack-110-Volt-White-Smart-Plug/1000008664

I believe those are gen1 and only work with Iris hubs.

Gen2 work with smartthings hub.

1 Like

@Smartphi is correct. Those plugs don’t work with ST.

1 Like

You want the gen 2. They are awesome. Zigbee and zwave extenders plus a smart plug.

I guess the price tag was too good to be true.

I wouldn’t buy anything that says “Iris” on it. Lowe’s doesn’t support their stuff. Nothing but bad past experiences with Iris/Lowe’s. Good Luck.

AND they measure power flow.

I have no issue with Lowe’s. Two of the smart plugs I got from them were not working, and they replaced those with zero problem. And all those that I have, along with all their window sensors, are working perfectly well after nearly two years.

Perhaps the issue is with the management at your local store??

Actually, my troubles began the day Lowe’s mailed me the Gen 2 hub. Gen 1 worked too good. Guess they had to mess things up.

LOL. The Iris devices are some of the best bang for your buck you can get. Soundsl ike you got burned by the Iris hub, but since you’re here I take it you solved that problem :smile:

Yes, thank you. I replaced it with a Samsung hub, and Samsung sensors. Now everything works.

That’s ironic. This forum is full of people who have had great experiences with iris devices like the motion sensor and contact sensor, and many longtime ST users dropped their ST-branded sensors long ago.

The iris motion sensor gen2 is my best performer. The contact sensor is pretty good too my goto now is visionic for $10 today promo.

I’m guessing you had the Iris gen 1 sensors that wouldn’t work with SmartThings?

Yes, and the Iris Keypad, which wouldn’t work, and all of the other Iris devices, which were supposed to work with the Gen 2 hub, but didn’t. Needless to say, Lowe’s won’t be getting any more of my money.

In case you haven’t set this up with ST yet, there’s a device handler for it that works just fine. There’s also a smartapp that allows you to setup entry and exit delays so that your keypad actually has a use.

See the linked thread below, which is for the delay smartapp but also has a link to the keypad DTH in the first post.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ll try it out when I get home.

2 Likes