Good morning,

My wemo switch has gone offline in ST. I deleted it from ST, deleted it from Wemo app, re-installed it in Wemo, tried to re-connect it to ST, but now ST can’t see it.

I have another Wemo switch that is offline, won’t refresh to online.

Any ideas?

Yusto

As long as you had already reset your Wemo then you may need to perform a “General Device Exclusion”

You can find that information here:
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200878314-How-to-exclude-Z-Wave-devices

Thanks James @jgravert . When I press “General Devise Exclusion” I see a wheel turning next to “Exclusion Mode Active” for 15 min and nothing happens after that? No other page comes up? any thoughts :slightly_smiling: ?

Best thing I can think of is to read this post and see if you can get it working from all the suggestions.

@Yustos General Device Exclusion works for z-wave devices.

Wemo’s are not z-wave.

EDIT: I haven’t had much of an issue with them, but once every 6 months, one may go offline. Unplugging it for a bit and plugging it back in fixes it. Plus, I have its state refreshed periodically.

Good point. I don’t have any Wemo’s to play with here so I didn’t know that. Are they Zigbee?

They are wifi…

Well that’s fun. I read some posts where people complained about the reliability with ST.

Since the Wemo switches are not officially certified yet it may not be stable.

https://www.smartthings.com/compatible-products

Reliability was an issue when I first connected them, but they have been pretty reliable and stable for me for nearly a year now.

EDIT: Not certified yet - most things aren’t with ST. That’s one of their issues.

Would you recommend to @Yustos to completely reset again? Or any other suggestions? Thanks.

@Yustos

Then try and re-add them, then be sure to [quote=“bago, post:5, topic:38414”]
[refresh] periodically
[/quote]

Thanks @jgravert and @bago, I reset the wemo switch using the wemo app, but the ST can’t see it now to add it as a device? that’s the problem. Wemo switches are listed as compatible devise with ST :slight_smile:

They are not “certified”. This is what ST says about it.

Our community of customers have found that the following devices may be
compatible. However, they have not yet been certified by SmartThings and
we are unable to provide support for these devices.

Oh, OK…thanks for the clarification :slightly_smiling:

@Yustos When you say “reset”, do you mean re-added them to your network by re-attaching to Wifi?

I would unplug them. Close the app on the phone. Wait 10 minutes. Plug them in. Wait another 10 minutes. Open app and try and re-add.

Mine work.[quote=“jgravert, post:13, topic:38414”]
They are not “certified”. This is what ST says about it.

Our community of customers have found that the following devices may be compatible. However, they have not yet been certified by SmartThings and we are unable to provide support for these devices.
[/quote]

This has been the case for 2 years.

Thanks @bago, I erased all content and setting using the wemo app, and then reset the wemo switch as a brand new switch with the wemo app on my network, and this is what ST does not see to add.

When you say close the app, you mean the ST app?

@bago and @Yustos Is this a reset?

Get them working with the Wemo app.

Then I would unplug them. Close the ST app on the phone. Wait 10 minutes. Plug them in. Wait another 10 minutes. Open the ST app and try and re-add.

EDIT: Once you get them working with the Wemo app, you likely won’t need to unplug them (now that they work “correctly”).

1 Like

ok I’ll try, thanks @bago

yes @jgravert, except mine is a different wemo outlet switch, but same idea