[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

Ever since switching to the Edge driver, my Zoom Zen30 double switch keeps freezing up. Seems about every 2-3 weeks, the device freezes up and the buttons do not do anything. The only way to get it back is to shut off the power, As soon as I turn the power on, everything works fine again…until the next time. Never had this happen on the groovy DTH.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of problem?

1 Like

I’ve been experiencing similar issues with my Zooz ZEN22 recently, however I haven’t switched it to the edge driver yet :thinking:
It is on firmware v4.01

1 Like

After the Smartthings debacle of deleting devices, when I add my Zooz Zen20 it randomly goes offline. Anyone else have similar issues? None of the devices were causing this previously.

I am too having that problem. I did notice that I had some lingering devices in the IDE, so I deleted those and re-added things. It did fix a Zooz motion device that kept going offline, but not my hue motion so not sure if that is the issue or just getting lucky on removing and re-pairing did the trick

Yes, I have two ZSE41s that both go randomly offline. Sometimes they come back online when the door is opened or closed, sometimes not. They always eventually come back.

@krlaframboise do you know of any new issues as this ZEN20 surge protector was working perfectly before the recent mass delete of devices from Smartthings. I currently have nothing plugged into it and after a few hours it stops responding and requires restart so it is not an overloaded circuit.

I’m having this issue with my Zen32/iOS. How do I go about “enabling child devices”. I don’t see that option in the settings of the Zooz Edge driver.

Use the threshold settings and every time one of the values exceeds the threshold it will report all 3 values.

It takes temperature readings about every 3 minutes so in theory it should be able to report the new value every 3 minutes as long as it keeps changing.

You usually won’t see the reports in the history unless they’ve changed.

That driver doesn’t support it.

They were supposed to fix the iOS app so that you could choose all the LED features in the THEN section of automations a while ago which would eliminate the need for child devices, but based on this post I’m guessing they didn’t…

If you have the “manual/physical control” setting enabled and you lose the ability to control the devices with the buttons then it’s a hardware issue and you need to contact Zooz support.

That being said, make sure you disable or decrease the frequency of the meter reports because that can also cause problems.

That’s a good guess, they still haven’t fixed the iOs app. I’m looking for a work-around, but haven’t found one. I even dragged out an old android device I have, but the smartthings app won’t install on it from the Play Store - it says it won’t work on my device and I can’t update it further. I think I will have to borrow an android tablet from one of the kids!

Zooz Switch Update - 4/27/2023

Added support for Zooz ZEN55 DC Signal Sensor

3 Likes

I just ordered mine, this is the last piece of the house that isnt “smart” yet. Excited to give it a try!

1 Like

Same here, it got delivered today so looking forward to getting it set up tonight. I was wondering whether a driver was required - question answered before I could ask it!

The link implied the driver isn’t there yet. Is it? $24 is much cheaper than $50* n alarms, and an future update required…

It’s included in the Switch driver.

1 Like

Just installed. Very simple, with the driver already installed it immediately showed up as a smoke detector and triggered a notification when I tested the system. Further options available by setting up smoke detector in STHM. Nice work @thesmartesthouse and @krlaframboise !

3 Likes

@krlaframboise @TheSmartestHouse I’m having an issue with a Zen16, firmware 1.2, Hub firmware 47.11

I have reed switches connected to Input/Switch 1 and 2, they are closed when off. (2)
I have a snap switch connected to Input/Switch 3, it is N.O, closed when on. (0)

Values:
0 – normally open (relay reports off when it’s open / input is off and on when it’s closed / input is on);
1 – normally closed (relay reports off when it’s open / input is on and on when it’s closed / input is off);
2 – normally closed (relay reports off when it’s closed / input is off and on when it’s open / input is on). Default: 0.

When any Input/Switch is toggled the relays do not change state in the app, they remain off, but physically the relays change state (checked with meter, and can hear them cycle) and routines fail to run. The main switch/relay activates correctly, just not the child switches.

The behaviour is the same whether using the iOS or Android app.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues, do my settings appear to be correct?

I also have a second ZEN16 on firmware 1.2 that is set with all 3 relays normally open and it appears to be functioning correctly.
The release notes for 1.2 state: Firmware: 1.20

• Addressed issues with reporting when relays are triggered via Sw inputs when Multirelay is added with S2U security on select platforms.

From API Browser:

Key Value
Name zooz-zen16-multirelay
Mfg Name SmartThingsCommunity
Mfg Code 027A-A000-A00A
Model A000-A00A
ocf Type oic.d.switch
Category Switch
Room Kitchen
Presentation ID 231be2de-23bf-3633-a732-f0de9dddae8d
Type ZWAVE
Parent ID 9fc68a4a-cad0-4ae4-acff-c3a606c37bd8
Parent Name Home Hub
Driver ID 7333473f-722c-465d-9e5d-f3a6ca760489
Driver Name Zooz Multichannel Switch
Network ID 3F
Provisioning State PROVISIONED
NW Security Level ZWAVE_S2_UNAUTHENTICATED
Local Execution yes

Are there any parameter changes that have occurred as the notes on ZOOZ’s site are only listed for firmware 1.04?
I noticed that the firmware file extension is the same for habitat and others, so this morning I will reflash the firmware to ensure I did in fact download the correct one, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

@krlaframboise , @TheSmartestHouse I have two Zen32’s on 10.3 firmware they both work as expected except when pressing the large button 3 times then they appear to go into inclusion mode (blinking blue led), but even if you scan for new devices the are not found, as they are already included.

Tried factory reset, exclude, include with no change in the behaviour so I believe it is a firmware issue?

Is your problem that you’re not able to include the devices or they include well but you want to use the triple-tap to trigger scenes and instead the switch enters inclusion mode for you? If it’s the latter, then you need to disable programming from the button in the advanced settings to disable that inclusion mode on 3-tap (see parameter 22 in the advanced settings here).