[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

I just installed my new ZSE40 v2 (700 series). I used the Zooz driver. When I tried to setup a routine, my iPhone app SmartThings told me I could only select a temperature range of -20 to 50. I presume this is for Celsius, but I do have it setup for F. If I use the generic ST “Z-wave Sensor” driver, it will allow me to setup the routine, but in switching the back and forth between drivers, the temperature settings are no longer being transmitted back to the hub.

Any ideas? is there a bug in the Zooz Multisnesor driver?

I think I’m looking for something similar. I use ActionTiles and would like one tile that both controls the garage door and tells the state of the door (open/close). Currently, I have 3 routines that I thought could make this work, but doesn’t seem to be. One routine controls the door relay. One changes the door icon to open when the contact sensor is open. One changes the icon to closed. Any insight to your routines would be helpful!

So for my garage doors I’m using a zen 16 multirelay and aqara contact sensors on the doors. For the zen 16 the zooz multichannel switch edge driver has been flawless.

I used taustins virtual divice create to make virtual garage doors for each door.
This is how I have the settings configured in each virtual garage door.

Here are the 3 routines for each door. Like you said, 1 routine to toggle the relay, and 2 to mirror the contact sensor.

Thanks for the screenshots, that’s how I have mine configured as well. You don’t happen to have ActionTiles? This is where it’s not working quite right. The button shows the correct state of the door, but it won’t control the door.

Im not using actuon tiles. I primarily use widgets on my home screen for the garage door controls. I have a scene set up to toggle each door relay, and the scenes can be tied to a widget on android phones. No need to open the app then to open or close each garage door.

If the control works properly for you in smartthings the issue with action tiles could be related to some of the migration issues people have been having the last couple days from the groovy enviroment.

The driver has no control over what gets displayed in routines when you select Temperature.

The unit displayed should match what’s selected in the location settings.

Try clearing the mobile apps cache and/or restarting the phone.

So apparently the “rapture” has occurred, but my Zen24 and Zen27 devices are still showing Cloud in IDE. Strangely, they’re still working. Should I just continue to wait to see if they migrate, or re-associate and rebuild my scenes?

The Rapture…nice. More like Hale-Bopp has arrived. Does everyone have their Nikes on?

Are they showing “placeholder” as the device type? If so, anything else in the IDE is unreliable.

Only partial rapture so far. I’m sitting with about a third of my devices still on stock DTHs. I think the furor here is due to most Groovy SmartApps getting shutdown.

1 Like

You shouldn’t trust the IDE at all. I have several devices that migrated to Edge, but the IDE flipped back to showing a DTH–but it is definitely NOT a DTH anymore.

1 Like

IMPORTANT: Don’t Enable Large Dashboard View (NEVER MIND - ST is already rolling out a new version that fixes it…)

If you’re using the Android mobile app then don’t set the “Dasbhaord View” to “Large” for any of your devices because the latest version of the Android mobile app breaks the multile feature and any device attempting to display more than 3 tiles on the dashboard will completely crash the mobile app.

When that happens you can’t get back to the device’s settings to disable it so your options are to roll back to the previous version of the mobile app, which I’m not sure how to do, re-join the device because that feature is disabled by default, or wait for ST to fix the problem.

If the mobile app closes when you attempt to open the “Devices” screen, but you can still open the favorites screen then you can add all your non-multitile devices to the favorites list so at least you won’t be completely dead in the water…

Due to the severity of the problem I can’t imagine that it will take them a long time to release a new version that fixes it, but if it doesn’t get fixed soon then I’ll release a new version that disables the “Dashboard View” setting which should automatically change the profiles back to their default profiles…

The app update released last night fixed the problem.

1 Like

I tested it on my phone and checked the original topic before posting, but I didn’t search the forum, so thanks for posting that.

That update isn’t available for my phone yet, but hopefully it will be soon…

The new update on iOS also fixed this issue that I had which was obviously related to the Android issue.

1 Like

The latest version of the multichannel switch driver had a workaround for the stuck dashboard view issue so I don’t think that was related to the new version of the iOS mobile app and the dashboard tiles when in large view being stuck showing off might have been that occasional random caching issue that could usually be fixed by restarting the phone, but I could be wrong.

It sounds like the new iOS app loads the dashboard and device details screens much faster which concerns me because that most likely makes it even more dependent on caching.

After the iOS update I had some users report that the temp/humidity tiles on the dashboard don’t always match the device details screen so I’m concerned that the new version is actually going to make things worse, but I haven’t heard anyone else mention that yet so hopefully I’m wrong.

I had a similar issue when they migrated my thermostat. I had to go into the IDE and set to Farenheight…

I have the Zen20 power strip and assigned the edge driver in the IDE and can turn the strip on/off but this is what I see for the drive in SmartThings. Also unsure how the previous device sync will continue to work or if a routine needs to be created for each

Edge drivers can’t be manually assigned in the IDE…

You have to remove the device and add it again in order for it to get assigned a driver.

Also post a screenshot of the device details screen

I have a new ZSE43 Tilt/Vibration sensor (on my garage door) that I set up yesterday using the Edge Zooz Multisensor driver. 24 hours later it still hasn’t updated all of its status information and is not working. It has reported a couple of events, but not nearly all of them. I restarted my ST hub earlier today, but no change. Am I missing a step here?

ContactVibration: closed

11:41 AM

ContactVibration: open

1/14/2023

3:30 PM

ContactVibration: closed

AssociationGroupTwo:

2:18 PM

AssociationGroupThree:

2:17 PM

FirmwareVersion: 1.1

1:07 PM

Acceleration: inactive

Post a screenshot of the device’s “Driver” screen in the mobile app and did you remove the device and join it again a few minutes after installing the driver?

Also post a screenshot of the device details screen.