[ST EDGE] Zooz Edge Driver Channel

Yes, I had initially installed it before installing the edge driver and it used as groovy driver. I then removed it, downloaded and installed the edge driver and then added it back.

Here are the screenshots

I have headed the device and the channels are now responding but very slow (15+ second delay when selected in app). Also the CH1 is not turning the power to the device off, I get the message “A network server error occurred. Try again later”. This was working perfectly with the old 4th and sync app.

Has the battery tile populated yet? If not then you might want to remove the device, factory reset it, and then join it again.

Android or iOS?

That’s not Zooz’s driver, but you should be able to switch it to this driver from the device’s Driver screen.

This device is extremely chatty which causes more issues for drivers than the old DTHs so after joining the device wait about a minute and then go into the settings and disable and/or reduce the reporting frequency of all the metering reports.

If you want to continue using that other developer’s driver then you need to post your problems on their topic instead of Zooz’s…

1 Like

The only option I have to switch the driver to is Z-Wave Switch. I don’t see a driver option for a Zooz switch but I did add the channel and install the driver for this device. When I look in the IDE it shows type “placeholder”.

You need to install the Zooz Multichannel Switch for the ZEN20.

I have the driver installed but it isn’t using it, nor is it available for me to select it.

Have you had the device for a while? If so, does it have a really long cord?

Ive probably had for a few years, and the cord is probably 3/4 feet or so.

That’s the original version which is certified as Works with SmartThings so there’s a built-in driver for it.

That driver should be fully functional because that version of the device doesn’t have any settings or support power/energy/usb reporting so it’s not supported by the custom driver.

I have reached out to Smartthings for support, hoping they are able to help.

I have a Zooz ZSE40 700 4-in-1 sensor does not have the details page in smartthings. It always only shows up as a motion sensor only. I installed the custom drivers to my hub (from Zooz) and the 4-in-1 sensor v2 shows up under available Zooz drivers.

The issue is that, when adding the device, I manually pick “Zooz 4-in-1 sensor v2”, then scan the QR code. Next, before the device is added, I have access to the device’s properties page which shows temp, humidity, etc, and has an additional page for settings. HOWEVER, after I finish adding the device, it shows up as a “Zooz 4-in-1 motion sensor” with no settings page again.

What needs to be done to force it to use the correct driver?

Post a screenshot of the device’s “Driver” screen.

I am using 7 of these Zooz 4-1 Sensors. My experience is they don’t always pair fully and correctly with just one push of the Z-wave button. I read a tip on the Zooz support website which suggested… when pairing push the Z-wave button multiple times a few seconds apart for (i believe) 2 minutes. Cured all my setup problems with these in ST.

If you want to give it a shot… don’t forget to exclude the device before re-adding it.

Good luck

Where is the driver screen, for a given device, in the smart things app? There’s certainly no additional screen that shows up when tapping on the device. I have to long press on the device to get to an edit option, but the edit page is just bare minimum name and icon.

The whole issue I’m having is that there’s no details page that opens up when tapping on the device (nothing opens). I think smart things is picking the wrong driver.

It’s always recognized, but I think the issue is that the driver that smart things chooses is the wrong driver. It always chooses “Zooz 4-in-1 sensor”, instead of “Zooz Multisensor”

Is this what your multisensor looks like?

Yep. ZSE40 700 series

Then ST is installing the correct driver… it is not being fully setup as i descibed above. Exclude the device from ST. Then reinstall using the multiple pushes of the Z-wave button. I’m betting your issue will disappear and when you open the device you will no longer be presented with a blank screen.

(post deleted by author)