Finished work on the Sage/Echostar doorbell sensor (with 2 inputs).
If you’re interested in trying it (consider it in beta just like the rest of the Edge drivers), please sign up here:
The driver is a amalgamation of the stock Edge Zigbee Button drivers with support for the Doorbell device added alongside. I will continue to update against the base driver from ST and release as needed.
- Use the invite CStup Edge Driver Invitation
- Enroll your hub
- Click “Available Drivers”
- Click the “Install” button on Zigbee Button CS
- In the mobile app, pair your device using + Device → Scan for nearby devices
- Press and hold the reset button while inserting the battery. Hold until the LED starts blinking, this will force a reset/join. The LED will continue blinking to indicate its pairing.
- Device should be added within 30 seconds.
The device offers a single parameter thru Settings - the amount of time in seconds between presses. When the physical doorbell is held down, the device reports it being pressed every 250-500ms. This parameter filters out duplicate pressed triggers.
- This device is super odd as far as Zigbee goes.
- It will report battery status, but always as 0%. No amount of finagling will make it report the actual battery value. As such, battery is not currently an attribute for this driver.
- The device does send a battery status as part of a ZDO power descriptor but there are only 4 valid values (100%, 66%, 33%, 0%). I’ve only seen it send report 100% in testing, so that may be hardcoded too. If I have time I may go back and add support for parsing the descriptor.
- The fingerprint data has manufacturer name as
" Echostar"and the model as
" Bell", with the leading spaces.
- Every 21 to 22 minutes after the last data sent, it will send a Basic Cluster/Manufacturer Name Attribute report " Echostar" each time. This attribute isn’t reportable, but yet it reports it, likely as an odd choice for a keepalive.
Please let me know any questions or suggestions!