[ST Edge] ONVIF-compliant IP Camera Motion Detection & Video Streaming - Testers Wanted!

1 the resolution is low while in the camera is 4k

2 yes it is

I have 1920x1080 no problems. I think that 4K is not supported

A lower resolution is to be expected when the ‘Video Stream Selection’ device setting is set to sub stream. (This is the ‘preview’ resolution)

I’m not sure what the problem could be. Make sure you give it a long time for the video to come up; sometimes it can take as much as 20-30 seconds.

EDIT: You could try to change the Video Stream selection option to ‘Main Stream’. Be sure to tap the Refresh button on the Controls screen after you save your new setting.

I tried to reduce the resolution but no video started (I’ll wait a lot of time and I insert main stream . Nothing! it is all black

Sad to report I was unable to discover the Reolink RLC-510WA that I purchased. Would having two hubs cause an issue? When adding a device it asks me to select a hub prior to searching.

I don’t think so, but you never know!

We have a couple choices to proceed:

1. Install & download the CLI so we can get some logs to see what’s going on.
  2. If we find we can’t get your camera discovered for whatever reason (usually it is network config issues), then I have a separate driver that allows you to manually create your camera device by providing its IP address. Then once you do that, you can move the device to the main ONVIF driver and use it normally.

EDIT: Additional thought: make sure you’ve gone through your camera settings to see if you have any ONVIF-related options. For example you may need to explicitly enable ONVIF or explicitly make your camera discoverable.

If it is possible to log with the CLI remotely then I’ll try my best to get what is needed, camera is installed at my Parents home. Especially if it aids in your development efforts, added bonus will be if it makes adding more cameras to my network in the future easier.
Edit: I’m going to install the Reolink windows client to see if there are ONVIF settings as I couldn’t find any in the Andriod app or the web interface.
Edit #2: Found ONVIF settings in PC client and successfully discovered cam, have motion events working but not video feed.
Edit#3: Video is confirmed working on the local WiFi network, I just couldn’t see it over cellular connection. Guessing it is a port issue on Gateway/Router?

1 Like

@TAustin you can add Reolink E1 Zoom PTZ Indoor Wi-Fi Camera to the known working list! More to come when I decide which model to buy next.

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you got it working and thanks for letting me know. :+1:t3:

Does anyone know if this works with tapo c310 or is there a onvif camera that can be powered by a usb cable like a low voltage one?

I had problems with my Tapo. Stream was ok but no motion detection and we couldn’t figure out what was the problem.

Ah thanks for that oh well

Does anyone know if the reolink e1 outdoor will work? I think the list says the reolink e1 pro works so I imagine it should?

I was very close to ordering E1 Outdoor to find out if it was compatible. After reading a few poor reviews I ended up pre ordering the TrackMix WiFi, expected ship date of August 15th.
Edit: I only have hopes of one camera being exposed to SmartThings.

Hi, thanks @TAustin for this effort,

I am trying to add a chinese Onvif camera, it is not discovered automaticaly, if I go on Onvif Device Manager, I see it and is discoverable:

Then if I set the IP in the manual device creator, it is shown in status as “Valid IP Address”, but if I click on the “create new device” button or does nothing or the status is “Not responding” (I´ll send you the logs for this part). what else should I do now?

Is your camera on the same subnet as your hub?

Yes, mi hub is a smartthings wifi hub so my hub is in 192.168.40.1 and my camera ending 111

My device is connected

But no video is showed. Can you help me?

Is motion detection working reliably for anyone with Reolink cameras? Seems that it only detects when camera switches from daytime color to nighttime black and white.

It works reliably for me - I have a few Reolink cameras.

Have you checked your camera motion sensitivity settings? I know exactly what you mean about a motion event getting triggered when the camera switches from daytime to nighttime. You’d think they could be smarter about that and not treat it as a motion event!

If you use the Reolink app, does it appear that motion is triggering more as you expect it to? I think there is a small white dot that appears in the upper right corner when motion is detected when you are viewing the video stream.

One other thing to confirm is to check your camera device Settings and make sure that Motion Rule Selection is set to ‘RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector’.