[ST Edge] Issue with the integer type device preferences

There is a new issue that a recent update to the mobile app has just caused:

For an integer device preferences field, the app now shows the allowable range in the field editing popup. However, if in the device profile, you defined only a min, and not a max, the app no longer accepts ANY input. This has broken all Edge devices using integer preference setting fields: I suspect the same problem happens if you have a max defined but not a min.

So the temporary answer might be that min and max is now mandatory. But then my next question would be is, has the 999 limit been fixed?!

2 Likes

Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to replicate this behavior also for the number type preferences, so I will report it.

About the maximum, it seems that the range is being considered correctly now (at least for Android, checking on iOS…). Eg.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m able to enter a number > 999 as well on iOS. Just haven’t confirmed yet that it is getting passed back to the driver correctly.

UPDATE: It is getting passed to the driver OK.

2 Likes

Same problem with string / text preference types. Without both min and max length, it will no longer accept any input. And max length limits you to 36, so I can no longer accept any preference text > 36 characters.

This is a real bummer.

The engineering team is already analyzing the issue. I’ll let you know more as soon as I receive their feedback.