[ST Edge] EDGE_CHILD devices lose connectivity

@nayelyz
Could you escalate it to developers to fix.

Thank you for looking into it, @Mariano_Colmenarejo.
I just shared that with the team to know who can help correct the profile.

1 Like

Hi @nayelyz
Not sure what developers have done but today all my double switches (Neo coolcams) started to work totally wrong. Problems:

1. In the main component the child 1 element haven’t got deleted as we requested but instead it shows working main and child1 elements:
  2. The child component is also present as following:

but it doesn’t work any more.
  3. when I try to enable child component from point 2) then main switch enables instead child one. Enabling child1 is only possible in main component.

I tried to exclude and include NeoCoolcam double switch again from smartthings and it doesn’t add as Edge driver any more but with standard DTH “Z-wave dual switch” and “Z-Wave Binary Switch Endpoint” for child component instead.

I have observed exact problems also for Qubino double switch. Same scenario as for Neo coolcam double switch described above and readding it does not solve a problem as groovy DTH is used instead edge driver.

So I believe the problem must be with Z-wave switch driver in general as new version have been updated lately:

No problems at all with my Qubino Flush 2 relay modules in two weeks of regular usage. Both sides work fine with Switch 1 a ZWAVE metering-switch and Switch 2 an EDGE_CHILD metering-switch.

Please, share the following:

1. The driver logs of the device that is still using it.

2. A screen capture (video) of you sending the commands
    Note: This is to compare the resulting messages in the driver when you send them from the app. That’s why it is important to see the time when you execute the command in the video.

3. About the devices that used to use a driver but are connecting with a DTH, please, try to pair them again because it has passed more than 12 hours from your last attempt, so the logs in the Hub might have been deleted. Then, send the Hub logs through the IDE:

1. In the IDE, enter “my hubs”
  2. Enter the corresponding Hub and go to “view utilities”
  3. Click on “send” below "send hub logs

For this part, please share the device’s name, and Hub’s name if you have more than one. Do you have support access to your account enabled?

1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Hi @nayelyz / @jds13
I have checked deeper and it turned out that my Zwave-switch driver has somehow got uninstalled. Not sure why, but anyway, after installing it again from official “Smartthing Beta channel” both Qubino and Neo Coolcam double switches works fine.

The only thing which is still not correct, is that the child1 element is still being shown next to Main component for NeoCoolcam switch, even though child1 is also as seperate element.

But as noticed by @Mariano_Colmenarejo it is a matter of updating “dual-switch” profile:

name: dual-switch
components:

• id: main
    capabilities:
    • id: switch
      version: 1
    • id: refresh
      categories:
    • name: Switch
  • id: switch1
    capabilities:
    • id: switch
      categories:
    • name: Switch

Thank you all for help !

Thank you for the feedback, @btrial!
I already reported the issue with the device profile but have had no response yet. I’ll let you know once I get more info.